From: Jerry Avins on
Tim Wescott wrote:
> On Sat, 09 Jan 2010 00:33:05 -0600, steveu wrote:
>
>>> Matlab is just a tool. It's a nice tool
>> Now that's just asking to start a fight. :-)
>>
>> Steve
>
> You mean saying it's just a tool, or saying it's nice?
>
> Or have I asked for two fights?

Doesn't Cal Tech offer a degree in Matlab?

Jerry
From: Mark on
On Jan 9, 12:13 am, sami <jehan...(a)yahoo.com> wrote:
> please i need your advice
>
> 1_what the best book that explain the idea of OFDM
>
> 2_ what is the best book for  matlab for digital com

http://www.amazon.com/OFDM-Wireless-LANs-Theoretical-Practical/dp/0672321572

is a good starting point

Mark
From: Mark on
On Jan 9, 6:29 pm, Mark <makol...(a)yahoo.com> wrote:
> On Jan 9, 12:13 am, sami <jehan...(a)yahoo.com> wrote:
>
> > please i need your advice
>
> > 1_what the best book that explain the idea of OFDM
>
> > 2_ what is the best book for  matlab for digital com
>
> http://www.amazon.com/OFDM-Wireless-LANs-Theoretical-Practical/dp/067...
>
> is a good starting point
>
> Mark

oh and this too
http://www.skydsp.com/publications/4thyrthesis/index.htm#Table%20of%20Contents
From: Marco.Pausini on
don't be bothered Sami, you can get very good answers here, but the price
to pay is to live with the arrogance of few frustrated "genius".

1. As an introduction to OFDM systems I suggest to have a look at the very
well written books "Wireless Communications", one written by A. Goldsmith,
and the other written by A. F. Molisch. A more in depth treatment is given
in "Orthogonal Frequency Division Multiplexing for Wireless Communications"
by Ye (Geoffrey) Li, Gordon L. Stuber. I also like "OFDM Baseband Receiver
Design for Wireless Communications" by Tzi-Dar Chiueh and Pei-Yun Tsai

2. Have a look at "Contemporary Communication Systems using Matlab", by
Proakis and Salehi.

Marco
From: Michael Plante on
>don't be bothered Sami, you can get very good answers here, but the price
>to pay is to live with the arrogance of few frustrated "genius".

Ordinarily. Unless I'm misreading the profile in Google groups, this
seems to be the guy that tried to buy a degree a few weeks ago (different
name, same email).