From: Thomas Nelson on
I realize I'm approaching this backwards from the direction most
people go, but does anyone know of a good c/c++ introduction for
python programmers?

Thanks,

Thomas

From: Maƫl Benjamin Mettler on
SAMS "Teach yourself C in 21 days" by Bradley L. Jones and Peter Aitken

Learning C++ is not worth is in my opinion, since you can get the OOP
power from Python and use C if you need speed...

From: sjdevnull on
Thomas Nelson wrote:
> I realize I'm approaching this backwards from the direction most
> people go, but does anyone know of a good c/c++ introduction for
> python programmers?

I would stick with C unless you need to edit C++ code. (Calling them
C/C++ doesn't make much sense as they're separate languages).

The biggest sticking points aren't going to be helped much by a Python
background, so I'd just use one of the tutorials recommended over in
comp.lang.c (Richard Heathfield had a useful link at one point).

From: andrew clarke on
On Mon, Feb 12, 2007 at 10:00:51AM -0800, Thomas Nelson wrote:

> I realize I'm approaching this backwards from the direction most
> people go, but does anyone know of a good c/c++ introduction for
> python programmers?

Thomas, I sent you a message off-list but it bounced due to your mailbox
being full.

Short answer: Subscribe to the c-prog(a)yahoogroups.com mailing list and
ask your C/C++ questions there.

Regards
Andrew
From: Thomas Nelson on
On Feb 12, 1:35 pm, andrew clarke <mail(a)ozzmosis.com> wrote:

> Thomas, I sent you a message off-list but it bounced due to your mailbox
> being full.
>
> Short answer: Subscribe to the c-prog(a)yahoogroups.com mailing list and
> ask your C/C++ questions there.
>
> Regards
> Andrew

I have to edit a large C++ project written by someone else. My email
address
above is incorrect; replace mail with cs. Thanks for the help.

Thomas