From: Boyan on
I installed Sharepoint 2010 RTM on Windows 2008 SP2. During the configuration
stage, it failed. The reason is c2wts does not start up. I followed the
suggestion on
http://powerpivotgeek.com/2010/04/02/help-c2wts-has-fallen-and-it-cannot-get-up/.

But the service still does not start up. Anyone met with the same problem?

From: Pucara on
Hi, in my case it wsa caused because the service needs access to the Internet
to valdiate a certificate. It will not run through a proxy. For more details
check:

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/sharepoint2010setup/thread/6b865ead-970b-4460-9dcf-1cc6d6d8530b

Regards,

MarianoC.