From: Felicia Pickett on
I have to figure out the impact if a daily salary increases. How do you
calculate the difference ex: $100/day to $200/day, what is the impact on
annual increase?
From: trip_to_tokyo on
USD 100 per day times the number of working days in the year.

Thanks.

From: "David Biddulph" groups [at] on
If A1 has the old daily salary and A2 has the new daily salary, the daily
difference is given by the formula =A2-A1 and the annual difference will be
=(A2-A1)*365 or =(A2-A1)*366 in a leap year.
--
David Biddulph

"Felicia Pickett" <FeliciaPickett(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
message news:E9586884-E5A1-49CB-BDC9-55E20A48DD14(a)microsoft.com...

From: Ziggy on
On Apr 5, 1:56 pm, trip_to_tokyo <i...(a)pierrefondes.com> wrote:
> USD 100 per day times the number of working days in the year.
>
> If my comments have helped please hit Yes.
>
> Thanks.
>

> "Felicia Pickett" wrote:
> > I have to figure out the impact if a daily salary increases. How do you
> > calculate the difference ex: $100/day to $200/day, what is the impact on
> > annual increase?- Hide quoted text -

Usually I use 261 working days for the year = 52 x 5 +1

If he/she is a contractor or an hourly employee you may want to deduct
holidays and/or time taken off.

If there are benefits involved you wil have to allow for that. Health
insurance is the biggest single item usually. 35% for benefits in the
52,000 per year is about right if the person has family health
insurance, a 401 K, FUTA, SUTS, WC, SS, MC, Vacation, ...
At the very least the employer has FICA at 6.2% for SS and 1.45% for
MC

From: Billns on
On 4/5/2010 12:54 PM, Felicia Pickett wrote:
> I have to figure out the impact if a daily salary increases. How do you
> calculate the difference ex: $100/day to $200/day, what is the impact on
> annual increase?

Not trying to be facetious, but the annual salary should double -- the
annual increase is 100% -- in your example.

How you handle this in Excel depends on what you mean by "daily."
Does the worker get paid every day of the year or just workdays?

Bill