From: myheartinamerica on
Hello,

Is it possible to calculate my process size (excluding DLL's) from the
MAP file? Basically, I'd like to know how much memory my executable is
using before it allocates any memory of its own. Perhaps there is a
better way to do this?

Thank you,
Mick
From: David Schwartz on
On Feb 9, 4:48 pm, myheartinamerica <myheartinamer...(a)gmail.com>
wrote:

> Is it possible to calculate my process size (excluding DLL's) from the
> MAP file? Basically, I'd like to know how much memory my executable is
> using before it allocates any memory of its own. Perhaps there is a
> better way to do this?

Are we talking about physical memory or virtual memory? The correct
answer really depends on exactly what you plan to do with this
information. Memory usage is really not simple at all.

DS