From: vinodkus on
dear sir/madam
1> I want to call an asp function through onclick method of button.
2> I want to call an asp function through javaScript
Thanks in advance

From: Evertjan. on
wrote on 13 aug 2007 in microsoft.public.inetserver.asp.general:

> dear sir/madam

Wow!

>1> I want to call an asp function through onclick method of button.

Impossible, since ASP runs serverside code, and it is not very useful to
put a button on a server screen.

>2> I want to call an asp function through javaScript

Since asp is not a function but a serverside platform for running vbscript
or/and j[ava]script, an asp function as susch is a misnomer.

Impossible if you mean clientside javascript, because when that js runs,
the asp code on the server is already finished.

Quite possible when using serverside js, the function itself could even
have been written in js, but I suspect you know that by now.

--
Evertjan.
The Netherlands.
From: Bob Barrows [MVP] on
vinodkus(a)gmail.com wrote:
> dear sir/madam
> 1> I want to call an asp function through onclick method of button.
> 2> I want to call an asp function through javaScript
> Thanks in advance

Research the use of XMLHTTP, or Ajax as it is known today. For further
help with this, post to a client-side scripting group such as
..scripting.jscript
--
Microsoft MVP -- ASP/ASP.NET