From: don on
I was wondering if a magnet could possibly harm a laptop screen.
Does a magnet destroy the pixals or anything.

From: BillW50 on
In news:hp6o0b$psp$1(a)reader1.panix.com,
don typed on Sat, 3 Apr 2010 02:43:50 -0500:
> I was wondering if a magnet could possibly harm a laptop screen.
> Does a magnet destroy the pixals or anything.

Nope, flat panel screens are unaffected by magnetic fields. Unlike CRT
color monitors which are. In fact, most modern laptops mount a magnetic
right next to the screen to operate the lid switch.

--
Bill
Gateway MX6124 ('06 era) 1 of 3 - Windows XP SP2

From: Barry Watzman on
No, not within reason (I will assume that you don't stick an LCD screen
into an MRI machine).

From: Adrian C on
On 03/04/2010 08:43, don wrote:
> I was wondering if a magnet could possibly harm a laptop screen.
> Does a magnet destroy the pixals or anything.

No.

Try something else.

--
Adrian C