From: SC Tom on

"VanguardLH" <V(a)nguard.LH> wrote in message
> jack wilkinson wrote:
>
>> Hi my computer all a sudden crashed and i reinstalled xp but lost product
>> key and microsoft wont help mecan you please give me a product key
>
> And just how did you "lose" the sticker on the case? Uh huh.

Actually, that's not as far-fetched as it sounds. The sticker on my ~3 year
old case came off (it's a Compaq with sticker on the side), and if I hadn't
seen it lying on the floor, it would have gotten sucked up in the vacuum,
I'm sure. When I was working, we had a couple of older Compaq's shipped to
us from Ohio and the stickers were gone from them also. HP/Compaq's glue
isn't the best, I guess :)

That said, I don't believe for a second that Jack is having the same
problem, although it is possible. . .
--
SC Tom

From: PA Bear [MS MVP] on
6

From: PA Bear [MS MVP] on
I lost my checkbook: Can I have yours?

From: HeyBub on
jack wilkinson wrote:
> Hi my computer all a sudden crashed and i reinstalled xp but lost
> product key and microsoft wont help mecan you please give me a
> product key

Your difficulty is similar to the same one you'd have if you lost a $100
bill. Nobody is going to give you one of theirs.

You may claim that it's not the same because you want only a copy. If
someone gives you a copy of their XP key, then, sooner or later, their XP
installation will quit working as the Microsoft servers detect the same key
in multiple locations.

This is not an unknown problem.

The easiest solution is simply to buy another copy of XP. And it won't even
use up your whole $100 bill.