From: Helpme on
I recently upgraded from a Centos 4.5 x86_64 (Red Hat Enterprise 4 Update 5)
installation to Centos 5.1.

I reinstalled the O/S from scratch. When I try to install Xilinx ISE 9.2
Foundation (Evaluation) on my Centos 5.1 x86_64 machine, the './setup'
script in the DVD's root-directory doesn't work.

When I run it from the shell, it says 'Permission denied.' I did not have
this problem with Centos 4.5.

I tried the 'Webpack 9.2' web-download, and that setup script has no problem
running under Centos 5.1.
Did I miss something? When I installed Centos 5.1, I selected all the
packages (compat libraries, etc.).

From: General Schvantzkopf on
On Wed, 05 Dec 2007 15:09:55 +0000, Helpme wrote:

> I recently upgraded from a Centos 4.5 x86_64 (Red Hat Enterprise 4
> Update 5) installation to Centos 5.1.
>
> I reinstalled the O/S from scratch. When I try to install Xilinx ISE
> 9.2 Foundation (Evaluation) on my Centos 5.1 x86_64 machine, the
> './setup' script in the DVD's root-directory doesn't work.
>
> When I run it from the shell, it says 'Permission denied.' I did not
> have this problem with Centos 4.5.
>
> I tried the 'Webpack 9.2' web-download, and that setup script has no
> problem running under Centos 5.1.
> Did I miss something? When I installed Centos 5.1, I selected all the
> packages (compat libraries, etc.).

Do a chmod on the script, it sounds like a permissions problem.
From: Jan Pech on
On Wed, 2007-12-05 at 15:09 +0000, Helpme wrote:
> I recently upgraded from a Centos 4.5 x86_64 (Red Hat Enterprise 4 Update 5)
> installation to Centos 5.1.
>
> I reinstalled the O/S from scratch. When I try to install Xilinx ISE 9.2
> Foundation (Evaluation) on my Centos 5.1 x86_64 machine, the './setup'
> script in the DVD's root-directory doesn't work.
>
> When I run it from the shell, it says 'Permission denied.' I did not have
> this problem with Centos 4.5.

Did you even tried to remount your DVD with the 'exec' option? First of
all you should read 'man mount'.

Jan