From: shauny on
hello,

I put a legit winDVD4 startup disk in my emachine computer. While trying to
run the setup wizard an error pops up stating "this is not a qualified compaq
solution". Im running windows XP (home) and need this installed so I could
watch DVD's on the computer. Any way to install this?

thanks
From: Lil' Dave on
Don't know the answer. Neither does Compaq=HP.
http://forums1.itrc.hp.com/service/forums/bizsupport/questionanswer.do?admit=716493758+1110623440129+28353475&threadId=514253

From: One of the Twelve on
Your WinDVD installs only to a Compaq system... I'm not sure what is an
emachine, but I have a similar "bundled" version of WinDVD that installs only
to systems running Asus mainboards.

From: Yves Leclerc on
You have a specialized OEM version tweaked for Compaq systems only.