From: B Ennis B on
When trying to open an old powerpoint, I get an error that reads "cannot open
outline, text converter not installed for this file type." Since this is a
..ppt file, I am not sure what that means.
From: jpforestier on
Your PPT file might be too old (95)
You should try to open it before with PPT 2003
"B Ennis" <B Ennis(a)discussions.microsoft.com> a �crit dans le message de
news: 216754A8-C964-4574-8048-5C70BCBDC526(a)microsoft.com...

From: Steve Rindsberg on
In article <216754A8-C964-4574-8048-5C70BCBDC526(a)microsoft.com>, B Ennis wrote:
> When trying to open an old powerpoint, I get an error that reads "cannot open
> outline, text converter not installed for this file type." Since this is a
> ..ppt file, I am not sure what that means.

"PowerPoint can't open the type of file represented by [FILENAME]" or "No text
converter is installed for this file type"
http://www.pptfaq.com/FAQ00135.htm

PPT Frequently Asked Questions
http://www.pptfaq.com/

PPTools add-ins for PowerPoint