From: Steve on
site is www.bridgeoflife.us I can see the site with firefox but can't see
anything with IE8 everything was working fine until a few hours ago. any
suggestions
--
steve
From: Ronx on
The page will only display in IE if the user has Publisher 2003 installed. I
have Publisher 2007, so cannot see the page.
Firefox, Opera, Safari etc ignore IE specific conditional comments, so are
not affected.

Do NOT use Publisher (or any other Office program other than FrontPage) to
build websites - this ALWAYS leads to problems.

In your page, look for <![if pub11]> and <![endif]> - delete these and
see if it makes a difference.
--
Ron Symonds
Microsoft MVP (Expression Web)

From: DavidF on
I have been lurking, reading and learning and you have suggested that not
having a particular version of Publisher installed was the problem before. I
am not sure how you came to that conclusion, but I don't believe that the
page not rendering has anything to do with having Publisher installed. I
have all versions since Pub 97 installed and the page will still not render
in IE7 either. The page is not a Publisher built website. Compare the code
of these Publisher built sites:

Publisher 2000: http://www.professionalcounselling.co.uk/
Publisher 2002: http://www.timesaversforteachers.com/index.htm
Publisher 2003: http://devonviewcaravans.co.uk/
Publisher 2007: http://www.europe-hotels.gr/cyprus/index_paphos.htm -
English and http://www.europe-hotels.gr/gr/cyprus/index_paphos.htm - Greek

DavidF

From: Tom Willett on
Run your home page through the markup validator:
http://validator.w3.org/
--
Tom [Pepper] Willett
Microsoft MVP - FrontPage Since 1997
:
: Publisher 2000: http://www.professionalcounselling.co.uk/
: Publisher 2002: http://www.timesaversforteachers.com/index.htm
: Publisher 2003: http://devonviewcaravans.co.uk/
: Publisher 2007: http://www.europe-hotels.gr/cyprus/index_paphos.htm -
: English and http://www.europe-hotels.gr/gr/cyprus/index_paphos.htm - Greek
:
: DavidF
:
: "Ronx" <ronx917(a)hotmail.com> wrote in message
: news:OB6fRySiKHA.5596(a)TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl...
: > The page will only display in IE if the user has Publisher 2003
installed.
: > I have Publisher 2007, so cannot see the page.
: > Firefox, Opera, Safari etc ignore IE specific conditional comments, so
are
: > not affected.
: >
: > Do NOT use Publisher (or any other Office program other than FrontPage)
: > build websites - this ALWAYS leads to problems.
: >
: >
: > In your page, look for <![if pub11]> and <![endif]> - delete these
and
: > see if it makes a difference.
: > --
: > Ron Symonds
: > Microsoft MVP (Expression Web)
: > http://www.rxs-enterprises.org/fp
: >
: > Reply only to group - emails will be deleted unread.
: >
: >
: >
: > "Steve" <steve(a)discussion.microsoft.com> wrote in message
: > news:9BDD98C6-0C40-48BD-B406-A00B21F7EDFB(a)microsoft.com...
: >> site is www.bridgeoflife.us I can see the site with firefox but
can't
: >> see
: >> anything with IE8 everything was working fine until a few hours ago.
: >> any
: >> suggestions
: >> --
: >> steve
: >
:
:
:

From: Steve Easton on
The page in your post was either made with Word or Publisher.

--

Steve Easton