From: Jerry Avins on
Vladimir Vassilevsky wrote:

> bharat pathak wrote:
>
>> Vladimir,
>>
>> Mind your language. You might know lot of things which
>> does not qualify you to insult others.
>>
>> I too have good enough experience in DSP theory, modelling
>> and implementations with vlsi perspective. But I am begineer
>> using DSP boards. And remember all begineers will
>> ask all kinds of questions.
>>
>> You may choose not to respond, if you do not like the level
>> of the question being asked.
>
> Я в детстве был обижен жестокою судьбой
> Но все обиды детства прошли само собой
> Я очень неспособный и очень был дурной
> Родители и сестры - все мучились со мной
>
> Болел я очень долго, a чем - сказать смешно
> Да ладно, расскажу я, теперь мне все равно
> Прям до седьмого класса в постель мочился я
> Живьем меня хотела сожрать моя семья
>
> Болел я энурезом - ну просто стыд и срам
> Мне бабушка Мария стирала по утрам
> Она белье сушила, а я его мочил
> Отец меня за это дубинкою лечил
>
> Сидел я по два года в четвертом и шестом
> Придурок ненормальный - сказали все потом
> В седьмом сидел три года, а выгнали за то,
> Что я на перемене пропивать свое пальто
>
> Я был в семье обузой, все хаяли меня
> Отцовской длинной палки боялся как огня!
> Потом я встретил Таню, мочиться перестал
> Сказал - Прощай, папаша! И с нею убежал!
>
> (c) Tokarev

The Google translation is pretty weird. I'd like to hear what it sounds
like.

Jerry
--
Discovery consists of seeing what everybody has seen, and thinking what
nobody has thought. .. Albert Szent-Gyorgi
From: emeb on
On Mar 17, 7:51 pm, Vladimir Vassilevsky <nos...(a)nowhere.com> wrote:
> bharat pathak wrote:
> > Vladimir,
>
> >    Mind your language. You might know lot of things which
> >    does not qualify you to insult others.
>
> >    I too have good enough experience in DSP theory, modelling
> >    and implementations with vlsi perspective. But I am
> >    begineer using DSP boards. And remember all begineers will
> >    ask all kinds of questions.
>
> >    You may choose not to respond, if you do not like the level
> >    of the question being asked.
>
> ß â äåòñòâå áûë îáèæåí æåñòîêîþ ñóäüáîé
> Íî âñå îáèäû äåòñòâà ïðîøëè ñàìî ñîáîé
> ß î÷åíü íåñïîñîáíûé è î÷åíü áûë äóðíîé
> Ðîäèòåëè è ñåñòðû - âñå ìó÷èëèñü ñî ìíîé
>
> Áîëåë ÿ î÷åíü äîëãî, a ÷åì - ñêàçàòü ñìåøíî
> Äà ëàäíî, ðàññêàæó ÿ, òåïåðü ìíå âñå ðàâíî
> Ïðÿì äî ñåäüìîãî êëàññà â ïîñòåëü ìî÷èëñÿ ÿ
> Æèâüåì ìåíÿ õîòåëà ñîæðàòü ìîÿ ñåìüÿ
>
> Áîëåë ÿ ýíóðåçîì - íó ïðîñòî ñòûä è ñðàì
> Ìíå áàáóøêà Ìàðèÿ ñòèðàëà ïî óòðàì
> Îíà áåëüå ñóøèëà, à ÿ åãî ìî÷èë
> Îòåö ìåíÿ çà ýòî äóáèíêîþ ëå÷èë
>
> Ñèäåë ÿ ïî äâà ãîäà â ÷åòâåðòîì è øåñòîì
> Ïðèäóðîê íåíîðìàëüíûé - ñêàçàëè âñå ïîòîì
> Â ñåäüìîì ñèäåë òðè ãîäà, à âûãíàëè çà òî,
> ×òî ÿ íà ïåðåìåíå ïðîïèâàòü ñâîå ïàëüòî
>
> ß áûë â ñåìüå îáóçîé, âñå õàÿëè ìåíÿ
> Îòöîâñêîé äëèííîé ïàëêè áîÿëñÿ êàê îãíÿ!
> Ïîòîì ÿ âñòðåòèë Òàíþ, ìî÷èòüñÿ ïåðåñòàë
> Ñêàçàë - Ïðîùàé, ïàïàøà! È ñ íåþ óáåæàë!
>
> (c) Tokarev

:)

What is that encoding? Obviously not ROT13. With all the diacriticals
I thought it might be ROT128, but that's not it either (he said
sheepishly after applying the perl tr/// operator). Bit reversal?

Eric
From: Tim Wescott on
On Thu, 18 Mar 2010 03:58:25 -0400, Jerry Avins wrote:

> Vladimir Vassilevsky wrote:
>>

>> bharat pathak wrote:
>>
>>> Vladimir,
>>>
>>> Mind your language. You might know lot of things which does not
>>> qualify you to insult others.
>>>
>>> I too have good enough experience in DSP theory, modelling and
>>> implementations with vlsi perspective. But I am begineer
>>> using DSP boards. And remember all begineers will
>>> ask all kinds of questions.
>>>
>>> You may choose not to respond, if you do not like the level of the
>>> question being asked.
>>
>> Я в детстве был обижен жестокою судьбой Но все обиды детства прошли
>> само собой Я очень неспособный и очень был дурной Родители и сестры -
>> все мучились со мной
>>
>> Болел я очень долго, a чем - сказать смешно Да ладно, расскажу я,
>> теперь мне все равно Прям до седьмого класса в постель мочился я Живьем
>> меня хотела сожрать моя семья
>>
>> Болел я энурезом - ну просто стыд и срам Мне бабушка Мария стирала по
>> утрам Она белье сушила, а я его мочил Отец меня за это дубинкою лечил
>>
>> Сидел я по два года в четвертом и шестом Придурок ненормальный -
>> сказали все потом В седьмом сидел три года, а выгнали за то, Что я на
>> перемене пропивать свое пальто
>>
>> Я был в семье обузой, все хаяли меня Отцовской длинной палки боялся как
>> огня! Потом я встретил Таню, мочиться перестал Сказал - Прощай, папаша!
>> И с нею убежал!
>>
>> (c) Tokarev
>
> The Google translation is pretty weird. I'd like to hear what it sounds
> like.

It is framed as if it might be poetry, which would make machine
translation even more obscure than it usually is.

--
www.wescottdesign.com
From: Vladimir Vassilevsky on

Tim Wescott wrote:

> On Thu, 18 Mar 2010 03:58:25 -0400, Jerry Avins wrote:
>
>>The Google translation is pretty weird. I'd like to hear what it sounds
>>like.
>

> It is framed as if it might be poetry, which would make machine
> translation even more obscure than it usually is.

:) Just a poetic way to say:

"Ослик был сегодня зол - он узнал, что он осел"

"Little donkey was angry today: he just learned that he is a jackass"

That's from russian ABC book for children :))))

VLV

From: Albert van der Horst on
In article <H-idnSpIucPBnzzWnZ2dnUVZ_o2dnZ2d(a)giganews.com>,
Vladimir Vassilevsky <nospam(a)nowhere.com> wrote:

>bharat pathak wrote:
>
>> Hello,
>>
>> We have C6713 DSK from TI. Is it possible to store
>> paramters to flash memory (256 KB onboard) so that
>> i could retrive the same, when i run another program?
>
>Oh, what an idiot...
>
>If there is a flash on the board, then there is a way to read and write
>it. Although writing to flash could be not so good idea, as the flash
>could contain bootloader which you don't want to erase by accident.

Actually, it is not so stupid as it seems.
You yourself indicate that at least you must take care not to erase
the bootloader. Likewise you must take care not to erase your own
program.

You have to use a processor that can erase flash in blocks.
If the TI processor can't do that, at least Renesas can.
(e.g.R16C). It had been better to sum up requirements first,
then switching processors late in the game.

I have done some work with Renesas in Forth and could do
that in actual practice. That means, from my program I
can erase part of the flash, then put something there.
How the ubiquitous Visual Studio clones for c-programming
hold up against such a task I don't know. It can be
a challenge to find out how to do that even if there is a
way. You have your work cut out for you. Click on each
of the silly little drawings (icons) and look what happens. ;-)

If you have invested heavily in the project already, and
there is no internal flash, you may interface a flash from
parallel I/O.

[follow up set to comp.arch.embedded ]

>VLV

Groetjes Albert