From: bharat pathak on
Hello,

We have C6713 DSK from TI. Is it possible to store
paramters to flash memory (256 KB onboard) so that
i could retrive the same, when i run another program?

I am utilizing this board for speech recognition project
and want to store the speech templates generated during
training process. I wish to store those on flash, so that
they would not be erased when power goes off.

When i actually test using speech inputs, the template of
the speech input would then be compared with the stored
templates on the flash.

Please help.

Regards
Bharat
From: Tim Wescott on
bharat pathak wrote:
> Hello,
>
> We have C6713 DSK from TI. Is it possible to store
> paramters to flash memory (256 KB onboard) so that
> i could retrive the same, when i run another program?
>
> I am utilizing this board for speech recognition project
> and want to store the speech templates generated during
> training process. I wish to store those on flash, so that
> they would not be erased when power goes off.
>
> When i actually test using speech inputs, the template of
> the speech input would then be compared with the stored
> templates on the flash.
>
> Please help.
>
> Regards
> Bharat

Probably, but the details depend on the processor. If this processor's
flash works like others that I've used then it's not going to be the
easiest thing in the world -- you generally can't read any of the flash
if you're writing to it or erasing, which means you need to run the
flash read/write routines out of RAM, and you can't do anything else.

Ask on comp.arch.embedded -- this is really far more a generic embedded
programming question than a DSP one, and the crew over there is a larger
one than the regulars here.

--
Tim Wescott
www.wescottdesign.com
From: Vladimir Vassilevsky on

bharat pathak wrote:

> Hello,
>
> We have C6713 DSK from TI. Is it possible to store
> paramters to flash memory (256 KB onboard) so that
> i could retrive the same, when i run another program?

Oh, what an idiot...

If there is a flash on the board, then there is a way to read and write
it. Although writing to flash could be not so good idea, as the flash
could contain bootloader which you don't want to erase by accident.

VLV
From: bharat pathak on
Vladimir,

Mind your language. You might know lot of things which
does not qualify you to insult others.

I too have good enough experience in DSP theory, modelling
and implementations with vlsi perspective. But I am
begineer using DSP boards. And remember all begineers will
ask all kinds of questions.

You may choose not to respond, if you do not like the level
of the question being asked.

Regards
Bharat

From: Vladimir Vassilevsky on

bharat pathak wrote:

> Vladimir,
>
> Mind your language. You might know lot of things which
> does not qualify you to insult others.
>
> I too have good enough experience in DSP theory, modelling
> and implementations with vlsi perspective. But I am
> begineer using DSP boards. And remember all begineers will
> ask all kinds of questions.
>
> You may choose not to respond, if you do not like the level
> of the question being asked.

ß â äåòñòâå áûë îáèæåí æåñòîêîþ ñóäüáîé
Íî âñå îáèäû äåòñòâà ïðîøëè ñàìî ñîáîé
ß î÷åíü íåñïîñîáíûé è î÷åíü áûë äóðíîé
Ðîäèòåëè è ñåñòðû - âñå ìó÷èëèñü ñî ìíîé

Áîëåë ÿ î÷åíü äîëãî, a ÷åì - ñêàçàòü ñìåøíî
Äà ëàäíî, ðàññêàæó ÿ, òåïåðü ìíå âñå ðàâíî
Ïðÿì äî ñåäüìîãî êëàññà â ïîñòåëü ìî÷èëñÿ ÿ
Æèâüåì ìåíÿ õîòåëà ñîæðàòü ìîÿ ñåìüÿ

Áîëåë ÿ ýíóðåçîì - íó ïðîñòî ñòûä è ñðàì
Ìíå áàáóøêà Ìàðèÿ ñòèðàëà ïî óòðàì
Îíà áåëüå ñóøèëà, à ÿ åãî ìî÷èë
Îòåö ìåíÿ çà ýòî äóáèíêîþ ëå÷èë

Ñèäåë ÿ ïî äâà ãîäà â ÷åòâåðòîì è øåñòîì
Ïðèäóðîê íåíîðìàëüíûé - ñêàçàëè âñå ïîòîì
 ñåäüìîì ñèäåë òðè ãîäà, à âûãíàëè çà òî,
×òî ÿ íà ïåðåìåíå ïðîïèâàòü ñâîå ïàëüòî

ß áûë â ñåìüå îáóçîé, âñå õàÿëè ìåíÿ
Îòöîâñêîé äëèííîé ïàëêè áîÿëñÿ êàê îãíÿ!
Ïîòîì ÿ âñòðåòèë Òàíþ, ìî÷èòüñÿ ïåðåñòàë
Ñêàçàë - Ïðîùàé, ïàïàøà! È ñ íåþ óáåæàë!

(c) Tokarev