From: undisclosed on

so a few days ago i was trying to install windows xp pro more like
upgrade to it even though i already do have it but i wanted to restore
the system files from the cd so i clicked the upgrade option. during the
install process it gave me an error that it could not copy the file
ahyig9exvsys to C:\$WIN__NT$.~BT/ and i forgot the rest. so i clicked
skip because try option didnt help and when the reboot screen showed up
it said click to boot from cd which i did have the cd in the drive and
it started to install the system and said cannot find that same file as
i just put up above. so now every time i try to boot from a cd it gives
me the options of either : start windows xp pro normally or continue
with windows xp pro set up. i dont want set up i want to boot from the
cd which i need badly because i have 2 hidden malwares on my computer
and i have an avira rescue cd which i need to boot from. so the point is
how do i remove that upgrade to xp pro options and have the option to
boot from cd again? my order is ROM drive first then HDD. also my
computer wont skip to the desktop it stops on the profile select screen
even though i unchecked the option in control panel to change the way i
log on. please help me guys i dont wanna reinstall it all over again
because i have trouble setting up wireless internet even though i put in
the right password linkys still says it was not able to establish an
internet connection and thats really frustrating

--
eurosonly
From: undisclosed on

is anyone out there?

--
eurosonly
From: Ben Myers on
<undisclosed> wrote in message
> so a few days ago i was trying to install windows xp pro more like
> upgrade to it even though i already do have it but i wanted to restore
> the system files from the cd so i clicked the upgrade option. during the
> install process it gave me an error that it could not copy the file
> ahyig9exvsys to C:\$WIN__NT$.~BT/ and i forgot the rest. so i clicked
> skip because try option didnt help and when the reboot screen showed up
> it said click to boot from cd which i did have the cd in the drive and
> it started to install the system and said cannot find that same file as
> i just put up above. so now every time i try to boot from a cd it gives
> me the options of either : start windows xp pro normally or continue
> with windows xp pro set up. i dont want set up i want to boot from the
> cd which i need badly because i have 2 hidden malwares on my computer
> and i have an avira rescue cd which i need to boot from. so the point is
> how do i remove that upgrade to xp pro options and have the option to
> boot from cd again? my order is ROM drive first then HDD. also my
> computer wont skip to the desktop it stops on the profile select screen
> even though i unchecked the option in control panel to change the way i
> log on. please help me guys i dont wanna reinstall it all over again
> because i have trouble setting up wireless internet even though i put in
> the right password linkys still says it was not able to establish an
> internet connection and thats really frustrating

Try cleaning the CD before booting with it. If this doesn't help, try a
known good CD or test the CD you have by using it to boot a different
computer.

Ben

From: Billns on
On 4/11/2010 4:25 PM, undisclosed wrote:
> so a few days ago i was trying to install windows xp pro more like
> upgrade to it even though i already do have it but i wanted to restore
> the system files from the cd so i clicked the upgrade option. during the
> install process it gave me an error that it could not copy the file
> ahyig9exvsys to C:\$WIN__NT$.~BT/ and i forgot the rest. so i clicked
> skip because try option didnt help and when the reboot screen showed up
> it said click to boot from cd which i did have the cd in the drive and
> it started to install the system and said cannot find that same file as
> i just put up above. so now every time i try to boot from a cd it gives
> me the options of either : start windows xp pro normally or continue
> with windows xp pro set up. i dont want set up i want to boot from the
> cd which i need badly because i have 2 hidden malwares on my computer
> and i have an avira rescue cd which i need to boot from. so the point is
> how do i remove that upgrade to xp pro options and have the option to
> boot from cd again? my order is ROM drive first then HDD. also my
> computer wont skip to the desktop it stops on the profile select screen
> even though i unchecked the option in control panel to change the way i
> log on. please help me guys i dont wanna reinstall it all over again
> because i have trouble setting up wireless internet even though i put in
> the right password linkys still says it was not able to establish an
> internet connection and thats really frustrating

Try Ben's suggestion. In the future, though, consider more judicious use
of your shift key where needed and breaking your thoughts up into
discrete paragraphs.

It also looks like you may have to reset your BiOS to boot from CD first
rather than HD, although your info isn't too clear on that.

How you get into the BiOS is dependent on what computer brand you are
using. Not all manufacturers use the same hot key to access the BiOS.

If you really have "hidden malware" on your machine you may have to
reformat and start all over again.

Bill