From: tmb on
I am trying to install the Office 2007 trial kit on my Vista system and it
continues to fail. When I attempt an installation, it accepts the product key
and eventually ends, indicating the installation was unsuccessful.

When I attempt a repair, it also ends with the message that it was
unsuccessful

When I attempt to de-install, both using install/uninstall app in the
control panel and the remove option in the kit, it ends with the message that
it was unsuccessful.

I deleted the opa12.dat file and tried the installation again, but it still
failed. I am out of ideas.
From: DL on
How to uninstall;
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/928218/en-us