From: James Mills on
2010/6/9 Victor Subervi <victorsubervi(a)gmail.com>:
> Sorry, Dennis:
>
> var = 'colorsShort'
> var[0].upper + var[1:] = 'ColorsShort'
> var.capitalize() = 'Colorsshort'

"""
string.capitalize = capitalize(s)
capitalize(s) -> string

Return a copy of the string s with only its first character
capitalized.
"""

The behavior you've demonstrated is "exactly" what the documentation
says the .capitalize() method does.

--James
From: alex23 on
James Mills <prolo...(a)shortcircuit.net.au> wrote:
> The behavior you've demonstrated is "exactly" what the documentation
> says the .capitalize() method does.

Look on the plus side, at least it's not yet another question on SQL
parameters & Python string substitutions.

I'm amazed at the endless willingness of this group to help Victor
write his contracted project for free.

From: geremy condra on
On Wed, Jun 9, 2010 at 2:10 PM, Dan Stromberg <drsalists(a)gmail.com> wrote:

> On Tue, Jun 8, 2010 at 7:09 PM, alex23 <wuwei23(a)gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> I'm amazed at the endless willingness of this group to help Victor
>> write his contracted project for free.
>>
> I don't get it.  What's wrong with helping people?  And what's it to you if
> others do?

Its not the helping. Its the asking for help.

Geremy Condra