From: freezer on
Hi, I have MS Outlook 2007 SP2 and have several mail accounts some personal
some business. I'm trying to get to use Outlook more intensively to
manage/prioritise tasks etc but am having a problem with Categories. With my
aol account (pop) that I use for personal e-mail the categories button on the
toolbar is there but the categories button facility on my business mail(imap)
is not.
Have tried changing/checking several things but nothing seems to work.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks
From: Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook] on
"freezer" <freezer(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

> Hi, I have MS Outlook 2007 SP2 and have several mail accounts some personal
> some business. I'm trying to get to use Outlook more intensively to
> manage/prioritise tasks etc but am having a problem with Categories. With
> my
> aol account (pop) that I use for personal e-mail the categories button on
> the
> toolbar is there but the categories button facility on my business
> mail(imap)
> is not.
> Have tried changing/checking several things but nothing seems to work.

I don't believe IMAP accounts support categories.
--
Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]

From: Michael Bauer [MVP - Outlook] on

As Brian said, officially IMAP doesn't support categories, and maybe that's
why MS has removed/disabled the buttons since OL07 . But my inofficial
experience so far is, it does work.

For a quick access to your categories, even in IMAP accounts, you might try
Category Manager. For details see the link in my signature, please.

--
Best regards
Michael Bauer - MVP Outlook

Am Fri, 5 Feb 2010 08:45:01 -0800 schrieb freezer:

> Hi, I have MS Outlook 2007 SP2 and have several mail accounts some
personal
> some business. I'm trying to get to use Outlook more intensively to
> manage/prioritise tasks etc but am having a problem with Categories. With
my
> aol account (pop) that I use for personal e-mail the categories button on
the
> toolbar is there but the categories button facility on my business
mail(imap)
> is not.
> Have tried changing/checking several things but nothing seems to work.
>
> Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

Pages: 1
Prev: Outlook Express
Next: Outlook 2007