From: mukesh on
Hello,

catopen() function behaves in different ways on solaris-sparc and
solaris-opteron O/S platforms.

If NLSPATH is exported pointing to NLSPATH=/home/expert/msg/%N and
test.cat file is in /home/expert/msg/ folder in that case

if we call :
rc = catopen("test", 0)

then on solaris-sparc it returns -1 whereas on solaris-opteron
platform it succeed.

which is the correct behavior ... ??

Thanks

Mukesh

From: Casper H.S. Dik on
mukesh <mukeshmca2(a)gmail.com> writes:

>Hello,

>catopen() function behaves in different ways on solaris-sparc and
>solaris-opteron O/S platforms.

>If NLSPATH is exported pointing to NLSPATH=/home/expert/msg/%N and
>test.cat file is in /home/expert/msg/ folder in that case

>if we call :
> rc = catopen("test", 0)

>then on solaris-sparc it returns -1 whereas on solaris-opteron
>platform it succeed.

>which is the correct behavior ... ??

What are the permissions of the files?

Casper
be fiction rather than truth.
From: mukesh on
On Nov 6, 3:32 pm, Casper H.S. Dik <Casper....(a)Sun.COM> wrote:
> mukesh <mukeshm...(a)gmail.com> writes:
> >Hello,
> >catopen()  function behaves in different ways on solaris-sparc and
> >solaris-opteron O/S platforms.
> >If NLSPATH is exported pointing to NLSPATH=/home/expert/msg/%N and
> >test.cat file is in /home/expert/msg/ folder in that case
> >if we call :
> >   rc = catopen("test", 0)
> >then on solaris-sparc it returns   -1 whereas on solaris-opteron
> >platform it succeed.
> >which is the correct behavior ... ??
>
> What are the permissions of the files?
>
> Casper
> --
> Expressed in this posting are my opinions.  They are in no way related
> to opinions held by my employer, Sun Microsystems.
> Statements on Sun products included here are not gospel and may
> be fiction rather than truth.

catalog file has read permission on both the pltaforms(sparc and
opteron).
From: Casper H.S. Dik on
mukesh <mukeshmca2(a)gmail.com> writes:

>On Nov 6, 3:32=A0pm, Casper H.S. Dik <Casper....(a)Sun.COM> wrote:
>> mukesh <mukeshm...(a)gmail.com> writes:
>> >Hello,
>> >catopen() =A0function behaves in different ways on solaris-sparc and
>> >solaris-opteron O/S platforms.
>> >If NLSPATH is exported pointing to NLSPATH=3D/home/expert/msg/%N and
>> >test.cat file is in /home/expert/msg/ folder in that case
>> >if we call :
>> > =A0 rc =3D catopen("test", 0)
>> >then on solaris-sparc it returns =A0 -1 whereas on solaris-opteron
>> >platform it succeed.
>> >which is the correct behavior ... ??
>>
>> What are the permissions of the files?

>catalog file has read permission on both the pltaforms(sparc and
>opteron).

What does truss reveal?

Perhaps the files are machine dependent.

From: mukesh on
On Nov 6, 6:05 pm, Casper H.S. Dik <Casper....(a)Sun.COM> wrote:
> mukesh <mukeshm...(a)gmail.com> writes:
>
> >> What are the permissions of the files?
> >catalog file has read permission on both the pltaforms(sparc and
> >opteron).
>
> What does truss reveal?
>
> Perhaps the files are machine dependent.
>
> Casper
> --
> Expressed in this posting are my opinions.  They are in no way related
> to opinions held by my employer, Sun Microsystems.
> Statements on Sun products included here are not gospel and may
> be fiction rather than truth.

truss output on solaris-opteron :

fxstat(2, 4, 0x07E58400) = 0
close(4) = 0
open("/home/expert/msg/test", O_RDONLY) Err#2 ENOENT
brk(0x080895C0) = 0
brk(0x0808B5C0) = 0
brk(0x0808B5C0) = 0
brk(0x0808D5C0) = 0