From: billb on
I made this dice pyramid that I want to light from inside with
incandescent bulbs and I bought this radio shack 12.6 volt xformer,
but it has a "center tapped secondary" and I don't know what that
means or how to wire it to power some 12 volt bulbs.

can anybody help?

--
billb

From: Charles Schuler on

"billb" <sevenoutpinball(a)yahoo.com> wrote in message
>I made this dice pyramid that I want to light from inside with
> incandescent bulbs and I bought this radio shack 12.6 volt xformer,
> but it has a "center tapped secondary" and I don't know what that
> means or how to wire it to power some 12 volt bulbs.

You just ignore the center-tap (do not connect it). I assume you know that
the transformer current/power rating must not be exceeded or it will get too
hot and self-destruct!

From: dB on
"billb" <sevenoutpinball(a)yahoo.com> wrote in message news:<cu13d1$jj6$1(a)news.chatlink.com>...
> I made this dice pyramid that I want to light from inside with
> incandescent bulbs and I bought this radio shack 12.6 volt xformer,
> but it has a "center tapped secondary" and I don't know what that
> means or how to wire it to power some 12 volt bulbs.
>
> can anybody help?

The secondary winding has a centre tap (a connection in the middle) so
that between either end of the secondary and the tap you would measure
6 volts.

Just ignore it and wire your bulbs to the other two secondary
connections.
From: billb on

> Just ignore it and wire your bulbs to the other two secondary
> connections

ok, thanks!

--
billb
"dB" <dmb06851(a)yahoo.com> wrote in message
> "billb" <sevenoutpinball(a)yahoo.com> wrote in message
> > I made this dice pyramid that I want to light from inside with
> > incandescent bulbs and I bought this radio shack 12.6 volt
xformer,
> > but it has a "center tapped secondary" and I don't know what that
> > means or how to wire it to power some 12 volt bulbs.
> >
> > can anybody help?
>

> The secondary winding has a centre tap (a connection in the middle)
so
> that between either end of the secondary and the tap you would
measure
> 6 volts.
..