From: Chris F.A. Johnson on
On 2010-01-15, Gus Richter wrote:
> Let me say this in ending: I believe that it may be useful to have both
> "Text Zoom" and "Page Zoom" at hand, although I probably have no use for
> "Text Zoom" personally.

Then how do you test for viewers whose font size is not the same as
yours? That can best be emulated with text zoom, not page zoom.

--
Chris F.A. Johnson <http://cfajohnson.com>
Author:
From: Gus Richter on
On 1/15/2010 6:05 PM, Chris F.A. Johnson wrote:
> On 2010-01-15, Gus Richter wrote:
>> Let me say this in ending: I believe that it may be useful to have both
>> "Text Zoom" and "Page Zoom" at hand, although I probably have no use for
>> "Text Zoom" personally.
>
> Then how do you test for viewers whose font size is not the same as
> yours? That can best be emulated with text zoom, not page zoom.

Explain to me why you believe Text Zoom to be better at it than Page Zoom.

--
Gus

From: rf on
Gus Richter wrote:
> On 1/15/2010 6:05 PM, Chris F.A. Johnson wrote:
>> On 2010-01-15, Gus Richter wrote:
>>> Let me say this in ending: I believe that it may be useful to have
>>> both "Text Zoom" and "Page Zoom" at hand, although I probably have
>>> no use for "Text Zoom" personally.
>>
>> Then how do you test for viewers whose font size is not the same
>> as yours? That can best be emulated with text zoom, not page
>> zoom.
>
> Explain to me why you believe Text Zoom to be better at it than Page
> Zoom.

Doesn't stuff up the images.

Doens't result in a permanent horizontal scroll bar (IE at least).

From: jeff on
rf wrote:
> Gus Richter wrote:
>>> Then how do you test for viewers whose font size is not the same
>>> as yours? That can best be emulated with text zoom, not page
>>> zoom.
>> Explain to me why you believe Text Zoom to be better at it than Page
>> Zoom.
>
> Doesn't stuff up the images.
>
> Doens't result in a permanent horizontal scroll bar (IE at least).

I didn't realize my thread was still alive!

Dorayme is right that the image shifts down as the font size is
increased. I never would have thought to check that and I find it odd
that it does (FF3 at least).

Myself, I always check to see if text zoom only breaks the page, I've
never though of checking in Page Zoom, after all it is just a magnifier
and I agree that horizontal scrollbars are terrible creations.

Jeff

From: Chris F.A. Johnson on
On 2010-01-16, Gus Richter wrote:
> On 1/15/2010 6:05 PM, Chris F.A. Johnson wrote:
>> On 2010-01-15, Gus Richter wrote:
>>> Let me say this in ending: I believe that it may be useful to have both
>>> "Text Zoom" and "Page Zoom" at hand, although I probably have no use for
>>> "Text Zoom" personally.
>>
>> Then how do you test for viewers whose font size is not the same as
>> yours? That can best be emulated with text zoom, not page zoom.
>
> Explain to me why you believe Text Zoom to be better at it than Page Zoom.

Because text zoom emulates a different default size. Neither
changes the size of anything but the text.

Page zoom changes images as well; a different default text size
doesn't.

--
Chris F.A. Johnson <http://cfajohnson.com>
Author: