From: todwith1d on
I ran “select * from sys.certificates” in our Central Management
Server. Most of them have this set of certificates that are created at
install.

##MS_SQLResourceSigningCertificate##
##MS_SQLReplicationSigningCertificate##
##MS_SQLAuthenticatorCertificate##
##MS_SQLAuthenticatorCertificate##
##MS_SchemaSigningCertificate(guid removed from here)##

None of them have private keys.

Do I need to back them up in case of a restore?

Thanks in advance
From: John Bell on
On Fri, 9 Jul 2010 09:43:05 -0700 (PDT), todwith1d
<todwith1d(a)gmail.com> wrote:

>I ran �select * from sys.certificates� in our Central Management
>Server. Most of them have this set of certificates that are created at
>install.
>
>##MS_SQLResourceSigningCertificate##
>##MS_SQLReplicationSigningCertificate##
>##MS_SQLAuthenticatorCertificate##
>##MS_SQLAuthenticatorCertificate##
>##MS_SchemaSigningCertificate(guid removed from here)##
>
>None of them have private keys.
>
>Do I need to back them up in case of a restore?
>
>Thanks in advance

These are created when the system is installed
http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms181127.aspx and are used to
create some SQL Logins

If you try to back them up I think you get an error.

John