From: Paul Menage on
On Thu, Jul 22, 2010 at 4:14 PM, Greg KH <gregkh(a)suse.de> wrote:

> Ah, that makes it easier. �Paul and Vivek, any objection to this patch
> going in now?

Sounds reasonable.

Paul
From: Kay Sievers on
On Thu, 2010-07-22 at 16:14 -0700, Greg KH wrote:

> > > Lennart and Kay, is this what systemd is doing? I really don't think we
> > > should be adding a root /cgroup/ mount point to the system for something
> > > like this.
> >
> > Already solved. Systemd always mounts an empty tmpfs at the 'cgroup'
> > mountpoint, and stuff is free to create subdirs there. Systemd itself
> > mount 'systemd' there.
>
> Ah, that makes it easier. Paul and Vivek, any objection to this patch
> going in now?

Just to get an idea, here is the current output on a systemd system:

/dev/sda3 /home/kay/work ext3 rw,noatime,errors=continue,user_xattr,acl,barrier=0,data=writeback 0 0
devtmpfs /dev devtmpfs rw,relatime,size=1965252k,nr_inodes=491313,mode=755 0 0
proc /proc proc rw,relatime 0 0
sysfs /sys sysfs rw,relatime 0 0
tmpfs /dev/shm tmpfs rw,relatime 0 0
devpts /dev/pts devpts rw,relatime,mode=600 0 0
tmpfs /cgroup tmpfs rw,nosuid,nodev,noexec,relatime,mode=755 0 0
cgroup /cgroup/systemd cgroup rw,nosuid,nodev,noexec,relatime,release_agent=/lib/systemd/systemd-cgroups-agent,name=systemd 0 0
systemd-1 /dev/mqueue autofs rw,relatime,fd=15,pgrp=1,timeout=300,minproto=5,maxproto=5,direct 0 0
systemd-1 /sys/kernel/security autofs rw,relatime,fd=16,pgrp=1,timeout=300,minproto=5,maxproto=5,direct 0 0
systemd-1 /proc/sys/fs/binfmt_misc autofs rw,relatime,fd=17,pgrp=1,timeout=300,minproto=5,maxproto=5,direct 0 0
systemd-1 /sys/kernel/debug autofs rw,relatime,fd=18,pgrp=1,timeout=300,minproto=5,maxproto=5,direct 0 0
systemd-1 /dev/hugepages autofs rw,relatime,fd=19,pgrp=1,timeout=300,minproto=5,maxproto=5,direct 0 0
tmpfs /var/run tmpfs rw,relatime,mode=755 0 0
tmpfs /var/lock tmpfs rw,relatime,mode=775,gid=54 0 0
fusectl /sys/fs/fuse/connections fusectl rw,relatime 0 0
gvfs-fuse-daemon /home/kay/.gvfs fuse.gvfs-fuse-daemon rw,nosuid,nodev,relatime,user_id=2702,group_id=100 0 0

Kay

From: Greg KH on
On Thu, Jul 22, 2010 at 04:12:58PM -0700, Paul Menage wrote:
> On Thu, Jul 22, 2010 at 2:19 PM, Greg KH <gregkh(a)suse.de> wrote:
> >
> > Any suggestions from your side?
> >

> I'd probably go with Matt's suggestion of /var/run.

See Kay's answer for why this will not work.

sorry,

greg k-h
From: Vivek Goyal on
On Thu, Jul 22, 2010 at 04:14:01PM -0700, Greg KH wrote:

> > > Lennart and Kay, is this what systemd is doing? �I really don't think we
> > > should be adding a root /cgroup/ mount point to the system for something
> > > like this.
> >
> > Already solved. Systemd always mounts an empty tmpfs at the 'cgroup'
> > mountpoint, and stuff is free to create subdirs there. Systemd itself
> > mount 'systemd' there.
>
> Ah, that makes it easier. Paul and Vivek, any objection to this patch
> going in now?

This sounds reasonable to me also.

Jan, I know you have been working in this area and raised concenrs about
cgroup mount point in the past. Does it look good to you?

Vivek
From: Jan Safranek on
On 07/23/2010 04:07 AM, Vivek Goyal wrote:
> On Thu, Jul 22, 2010 at 04:14:01PM -0700, Greg KH wrote:

>>> Already solved. Systemd always mounts an empty tmpfs at the 'cgroup'
>>> mountpoint, and stuff is free to create subdirs there. Systemd itself
>>> mount 'systemd' there.
>>
>> Ah, that makes it easier. Paul and Vivek, any objection to this patch
>> going in now?
>>

> This sounds reasonable to me also.
>
> Jan, I know you have been working in this area and raised concenrs about
> cgroup mount point in the past. Does it look good to you?

I would prefer some place where subdirectories can be created for
individual hierarchies without additional tmpfs there. But as I
understand /sys, it's not an easy feature to implement it there, so no,
I am not against /sys/fs/cgroup.

Jan