From: Dhaval Giani on
On Mon, Jul 26, 2010 at 11:12 AM, Kay Sievers <kay.sievers(a)vrfy.org> wrote:
> On Mon, Jul 26, 2010 at 11:08, Dhaval Giani <dhaval.lists(a)thegianis.in> wrote:

>>> Really? �I see systems mounting it at /cgroups/ in the filesystem today.
>>> Where are you expecting it to be mounted at?
>>>

>> Not really. It is getting mounted at /cgroups/<name of resource
>> controller>/ at a number of places. Keeping it in sysfs loses us a lot
>> of this flexibility. Unless you are ready to keep adding a new
>> mountpoint for each subsystem, it will not really work out in the long
>> term.
>
> As mentioned earlier in this thread, systemd already mounts a tmpfs at
> the cgroup mountpoint. We need only a single directory. This should
> not be an issue.

Ah ok. I am catching up with email after over 3 weeks :-). Missed all
this discussion. My apologies!

Dhaval
From: Greg KH on
On Mon, Jul 26, 2010 at 11:13:14AM +0200, Dhaval Giani wrote:
> On Mon, Jul 26, 2010 at 11:12 AM, Kay Sievers <kay.sievers(a)vrfy.org> wrote:

> >> Not really. It is getting mounted at /cgroups/<name of resource
> >> controller>/ at a number of places. Keeping it in sysfs loses us a lot
> >> of this flexibility. Unless you are ready to keep adding a new
> >> mountpoint for each subsystem, it will not really work out in the long
> >> term.
> >
> > As mentioned earlier in this thread, systemd already mounts a tmpfs at
> > the cgroup mountpoint. We need only a single directory. This should
> > not be an issue.
> >

> Ah ok. I am catching up with email after over 3 weeks :-). Missed all
> this discussion. My apologies!

Ok, again, after all of this, who is going to be applying this patch to
their tree for the .36 merge window?

Or should I apply it to my driver-core one?

thanks,

greg k-h
From: Paul Menage on
On Mon, Jul 26, 2010 at 2:28 PM, Greg KH <gregkh(a)suse.de> wrote:

> Ok, again, after all of this, who is going to be applying this patch to
> their tree for the .36 merge window?

There's no specific cgroups tree - cgroups patches generally go via akpm.

> Or should I apply it to my driver-core one?

That sounds like an OK option too.

Paul
From: Greg KH on
On Mon, Jul 26, 2010 at 02:55:18PM -0700, Paul Menage wrote:
> On Mon, Jul 26, 2010 at 2:28 PM, Greg KH <gregkh(a)suse.de> wrote:
> >
> > Ok, again, after all of this, who is going to be applying this patch to
> > their tree for the .36 merge window?
>
> There's no specific cgroups tree - cgroups patches generally go via akpm.
>

> > Or should I apply it to my driver-core one?
> >

> That sounds like an OK option too.

Wonderful, can I get some acks from the cgroups maintainers? I'll
gladly take it through my tree.

thanks,

greg k-h
From: Paul Menage on
On Mon, Jul 26, 2010 at 3:05 PM, Greg KH <gregkh(a)suse.de> wrote:

> Wonderful, can I get some acks from the cgroups maintainers? �I'll
> gladly take it through my tree.

Sure.

Acked-by: Paul Menage <menage(a)google.com>

Paul