From: lale.kat on
Hi.I want to change the text of browse button in file upload control
in firfox,for example insted of being "browse" be "upload file", how
can I do that?
Is it possible ?I found a code that only works in IE but it doesent
work in fireFox, I want to work in both of them.

<head>
<title>File Upload Example</title>
function HandleFileButtonClick()
{
document.frmUpload.myFile.click();
document.frmUpload.txtFakeText.value =
document.frmUpload.myFile.value;
}
</script>
</head>
<form name="frmUpload" encType="multipart/form-data">
<!-- Real Input field, but hidden-->
<input type="file" name="myFile" style="display: none">
<!-- Fake field to fool the user -->
<input type="text" name="txtFakeText" readonly="true">
<!-- Button to invoke the click of the File Input -->
<input type="button" onclick="HandleFileButtonClick();"
value="Upload File" >
</form>
-----------------

From: Steve Swift on
lale.kat(a)gmail.com wrote:
> Hi.I want to change the text of browse button in file upload control
> in firfox,for example insted of being "browse" be "upload file", how
> can I do that?

They've gone to a lot of trouble to stop me using the mechanism you're
looking for to build a website that tells you to enter the file
containing all your bank details then pressing the "Encrypt" button.

--
Steve Swift
http://www.swiftys.org.uk/swifty.html
From: Randy Webb on
lale.kat(a)gmail.com said the following on 11/28/2007 1:16 AM:
> Hi.I want to change the text of browse button in file upload control
> in firfox,for example insted of being "browse" be "upload file", how
> can I do that?

You can't.

> Is it possible?

No.

> I found a code that only works in IE but it doesent
> work in fireFox, I want to work in both of them.

Save yourself a lot of headaches and give up now.

--
Randy
Chance Favors The Prepared Mind
From: VK on
On Nov 28, 10:25 am, Randy Webb <HikksNotAtH...(a)aol.com> wrote:
> lale....(a)gmail.com said the following on 11/28/2007 1:16 AM:
>
> > Hi.I want to change the text of browse button in file upload control
> > in firfox,for example insted of being "browse" be "upload file", how
> > can I do that?
>
> You can't.
>
> > Is it possible?
>
> No.

What use to hide a secret if it's on the Internet? If IE/Gecko decides
that it is a security flaw then let them fix it.

http://www.quirksmode.org/dom/inputfile.html
From: Kailash Nadh on
On Nov 28, 6:16 am, lale....(a)gmail.com wrote:
> Hi.I want to change the text of browse button in file upload control
> in firfox,for example insted of being "browse" be "upload file", how
> can I do that?
> Is it possible ?I found a code that only works in IE but it doesent
> work in fireFox, I want to work in both of them.

> <head>
> <title>File Upload Example</title>
> function HandleFileButtonClick()
> {
> document.frmUpload.myFile.click();
> document.frmUpload.txtFakeText.value =
> document.frmUpload.myFile.value;
> }
> </script>
> </head>
> <form name="frmUpload" encType="multipart/form-data">
> <!-- Real Input field, but hidden-->
> <input type="file" name="myFile" style="display: none">
> <!-- Fake field to fool the user -->
> <input type="text" name="txtFakeText" readonly="true">
> <!-- Button to invoke the click of the File Input -->
> <input type="button" onclick="HandleFileButtonClick();"
> value="Upload File" >
> </form>
> -----------------

It is not possible to tamper with the Browse button for security
reasons. But if you are that desperate, well, you could try using a
Flash to upload files :)
http://www.flash-db.com/Tutorials/upload/upFiles.php

--
Kailash Nadh | http://kailashnadh.name
 |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2
Prev: errore
Next: Onmouseup in select box affects scrollbars