From: Logan_Price on
Thank you smlunatick, it is the "window" viewing size I was after. AutoSizer
did help, it has to stay in memory to work. I am still looking for way to
find out where Windows XP "rmember" each window size, it suppose to keep up
to 400. I continue to search the web, but now I am using the better
terminology; window size. I have a resource hacker that can change a .dll or
..exe file, once I find out where Windows keeps its information, I will edited.
Thaks again

"smlunatick" wrote:

> On Mar 27, 7:30 pm, Logan_Price <LoganPr...(a)discussions.microsoft.com>
> wrote:
> > Hello; I use Windows XP sp3; How can I change the default size of a new
> > subdirectory.
> > Without using Explorer, I use "details" view of my subs, open more than one
> > and transfer or copy files. I know I can size each sub and Windows will
> > remember its size/location, but each time I open a data-CD or a
> > flash-USB-drive, it default into a large, with right-half empty,
> > subdirectory. So each time I have to resize and Windows does not remember
> > these subs size/location. I tried to size My Computer directory, in Folder
> > Options; View tab, I asked Windows to "Apply To All Folders" like this one,
> > no luck. How can I change the defautl? where is this size, is it in the
> > registry or a shell dll file?
>
> This is not a "directory" size but the Explorer "view" size. If you
> want to have the Explorer "views" maximized all the time, you can
> attempt to use to "Apply to All Folders" option or check out
> "AutoSizer."
> .

First  |  Prev  |
Pages: 1 2