From: john hamilton on
For some reason the headset earphone has suddenly stopped working on my
Nokia 6300. I plugged the earphone into another phone and it works, so it
looks like something happening within the actual phone.

In the 'enhancement' settings there is a 'default profile' and an 'automatic
answer', changing these does not result in any improvement. Would anyone
have a suggestion please? Thanks.

From: Borg on
john hamilton wrote:
> For some reason the headset earphone has suddenly stopped working on my
> Nokia 6300. I plugged the earphone into another phone and it works, so it
> looks like something happening within the actual phone.
>
> In the 'enhancement' settings there is a 'default profile' and an 'automatic
> answer', changing these does not result in any improvement. Would anyone
> have a suggestion please? Thanks.

I suggest its broken.
From: Richard Colton on

"john hamilton" <bluestar95(a)mail.invalid> wrote in message
> For some reason the headset earphone has suddenly stopped working on my
> Nokia 6300. I plugged the earphone into another phone and it works, so it
> looks like something happening within the actual phone.
>
> In the 'enhancement' settings there is a 'default profile' and an
> 'automatic answer', changing these does not result in any improvement.
> Would anyone have a suggestion please? Thanks.

Use a BlueTooth unit instead?

It could be anything, but without dismantling the handset I suspect you'll
be lucky to find out exactly what it is.

--
Unlock Your Phone's Potential
www.UselessInfo.org.uk

From: Steve Terry on
"john hamilton" <bluestar95(a)mail.invalid> wrote in message
> For some reason the headset earphone has suddenly stopped working on my
> Nokia 6300. I plugged the earphone into another phone and it works, so it
> looks like something happening within the actual phone.
>
> In the 'enhancement' settings there is a 'default profile' and an
> 'automatic answer', changing these does not result in any improvement.
> Would anyone have a suggestion please? Thanks.

If you are lucky it's earphone socket is broken

http://www.ifixit.com/Guide/Repair/Disassembling-the-Nokia-6300/2906/2

Looks like it's soldered to the main PCB ;-(
Not a job for the owner

Shame, on some old Nokias like the 3310 all the sockets are press fit.

Steve Terry
--
Welcome Sign-up Bonus of �1 when you signup free at:
http://www.topcashback.co.uk/ref/G4WWK