From: Archimedes Plutonium on
I happened to spy some old posts of mine in a chemistry forum
archiving some of my
old posts:

--- quoting some archived old posts of mine ---
Chemistry

Chemistry Science Re: Synchrotron Radiation intrinsic to atomic
structure? Re: pulsars &quasars h

someone wrote:

> >Does an isolated single atom of radium display Synchrotron Radiation? Is it
> >the luminescence of radium that is synchrotron radiation.
>
> No. All accelerating charges, including changing directions (such as in a
> synchrotron) radiate
> electromagnetic energy. To get your atom of radium to generate synchrotron
> radiation,
> you'll have to ionize it and accelerate the ion.
>
> The luminescence from the old radium watches isn't really from the radium
> but from zinc sulfide.
> Energetic alpha particles from the radioactive decay of radium strike the
> zinc sulfide (mixed
> with the radium) and the zinc sulfide produces light.

I concede to your point about radium, and tonight have looked for
another
isotope that is not compounded or molecularized for yielding the
luminescence.
The best I could do was Cobalt 60 with its blue glow. My question then
would
be, is this blue glow of Cobalt 60 due to the radioactivity emission
of Cobalt
60 in that it is indeed, genuine synchrotron radiation.

I guess I am not making my question crystal clear enough.

What I want to know is whether Synchrotron Radiation can be a
fundamental
characteristic **inside of atoms**. Or, whether all
synchrotronradiation is
a secondary phenomenon and never a fundamental aspect found inside of
atoms.

Primary atomic structures are spin, magnetic moment, angular momentum
etc etc.
Is Synchrotron Radiation ever a primary atomic structure?

Radioactivity is a primary atomic structure. Is SynchrotronRadiation
also as
primary and fundamental to a single atom as Radioactivity.

I hope that makes clear of what I seek.

And as a sidenote, this discussion of SynchrotronRadiation reminds me
so much
of temperature as a fundamental atomic structure. Most every physicist
today
would say temperature is not a primary structure of a single atom
since they
believe an atom has no internal parts to make a temperature. But
Debroglie
wrote
a entire book on the idea that a atom has internal temperature. And I
believe
an
atom has internal temperature due to the dots of the electron-dot-
cloud
are the

numerous particles that create an internal temperature and the
internal
temperature of 231Pu is 2.71 Kelvin. So this temperature question
reminds
me of this question of whether a Isolated Atom has internal
SychrotronRadiation
provided it is radioactive atom.

I would disagree with you, for I believe the Isolated Atom has not
only an
internal temperature created from those numerous dots of the electron-
dot-cloud

but also if that atom is radioactive that it also has a fundamental
internal
SynchrotronRadiation that can be calculated.

Archimedes Plutonium,
of the electron-dot-cloud are galaxies

Archimedes Plutonium wrote:

> someone wrote:
>
> > >Does an isolated single atom of radium display Synchrotron Radiation? Is it
> > >the luminescence of radium that is synchrotron radiation.
> >
> > No. All accelerating charges, including changing directions (such as in a
> > synchrotron) radiate
> > electromagnetic energy. To get your atom of radium to generate

Thinking about this, it seems to me that given the atomic structure of
any and
all radioactive isotopes that all of them would have some degree of
acceleration
of its radioactive emitted electron or proton particles whether they
be e
emissions
or alpha particles. And because every chemical element has a different
internal
geometry such as uranium is different from plutonium that this
internal geometry
would also cause an emitting radioactive particle to accelerate once
emitted from
the nucleus.

Thus, it seems to me that every radioactive isotope has internal
SynchrotronRadiation. Taken for granted that the degree of synchrotron
radiation
by uranium would not be much different from that of plutonium
just as the internal temperature of uranium would be a not much
different
from the 2.71 degrees Kelvin of plutonium.

Every atom has an internal temperature because every atom has dots
of the electron-dot-cloud. By the same sort of reasoning since every
radioactive atom has emission of charged particles is accelerated and
thus
they all have synchrotronradiation as intrinsic.
--- end quoting old posts of mine ---

Now I was wondering as I was rereading my old posts above as to what I
was thinking
when I wrote them. Was I thinking that intrinsic synchrotron radiation
of an atom totality
would be visible or noticeable as a cosmic feature? Was I thinking
that pulsars and quasars
are the side-effect of synchrotron-radiation of an atom totality?

Or could even the cosmic redshift be a synchrotron-radiation effect?

I do not know at this moment. I do not know enough about synchrotron
radiation if it exists
inside an atom and especially an Atom Totality as to what that
radiation results as a observation for intelligent life.

Archimedes Plutonium
http://www.iw.net/~a_plutonium/