From: sahel on
Hi;
I wrote a program that I want to put a number in char (I mean : char
s = '8';)
7 than put the number I put that at char s to int ;
But it does not work correctly ;
I mean it doesn’t show 8 ;
using System;
class Program
{
static void Main(string[] args)
{
char s = '8';
int f =s;
Console.WriteLine(f);
}
}

thanks . . .
From: Tony Johansson on
"sahel" <nam.nam.barooon(a)gmail.com> skrev i meddelandet
Hi;
I wrote a program that I want to put a number in char (I mean : char
s = '8';)
7 than put the number I put that at char s to int ;
But it does not work correctly ;
I mean it doesn't show 8 ;
using System;
class Program
{
static void Main(string[] args)
{
char s = '8';
int f =s;
Console.WriteLine(f);
}
}

thanks . . .

All writeable characters has a specific representation in ASCII for example
the chracter '8' is represented by
number 56. When you do
int f =s;
you say tell me what number character '8' represents and you will have
number 56

//Tony

From: Bjørn Brox on
sahel skrev:
> Hi;
> I wrote a program that I want to put a number in char (I mean : char
> s = '8';)
> 7 than put the number I put that at char s to int ;
> But it does not work correctly ;
> I mean it doesn�t show 8 ;
> using System;
> class Program
> {
> static void Main(string[] args)
> {
> char s = '8';
> int f =s;
> Console.WriteLine(f);
> }
> }
>
> thanks . . .

What makes you think that it should show 8?
Time to learn the difference between char and int.

--
Bj�rn Brox
From: sahel on
On Mar 15, 4:17 pm, "Tony Johansson" <johansson.anders...(a)telia.com>
wrote:
> "sahel" <nam.nam.baro...(a)gmail.com> skrev i meddelandetnews:3cdd2741-89d0-4c02-a7a4-bfc89efc92bc(a)m37g2000yqf.googlegroups.com...
> Hi;
> I wrote a program that I want to put  a number in char (I mean : char
> s = '8';)
> 7 than put the number I put that at  char s to int ;
> But it does not work correctly ;
> I mean it doesn't show 8 ;
>  using System;
>     class Program
>     {
>         static void Main(string[] args)
>         {
>             char s = '8';
>             int f =s;
>             Console.WriteLine(f);
>         }
>     }
>
> thanks . . .
>
> All writeable characters has a specific representation in ASCII for example
> the chracter '8' is represented by
> number 56. When you do
> int f =s;
> you say tell me what number character '8' represents and you will have
> number 56
>
> //Tony

hi;
i want this answer because i want to get some char from user like
this : y=(x^2)+1 so i will put 2 in char but to write the program for
it that it must do an math question ,program must know that 2 & 1 are
not char they are int
From: Konrad Neitzel on
Hi Sahel!

"sahel" <nam.nam.barooon(a)gmail.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
> Hi;
> I wrote a program that I want to put a number in char (I mean : char
> s = '8';)
> 7 than put the number I put that at char s to int ;
> But it does not work correctly ;
> I mean it doesn�t show 8 ;
> using System;
> class Program
> {
> static void Main(string[] args)
> {
> char s = '8';
> int f =s;
> Console.WriteLine(f);
> }
> }
>
> thanks . . .

You already got answers that told you a little about the different types.
Maybe you simply read more about ascii and UTF(-8/-16/-32). Good sources can
be found through google or simply check the wikipedia.

The .Net Framework provides functions to get information from one type to
another. In case of reading stings (Which are multiple characters), the
functions you would like are:
Int32.Parse and Int32.TryParse.

Just check msdn for a description of these functions (and msdn often has an
example that shows the possibilities in a quick way!).

Mentioned Links:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Main_Page
http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/default.aspx

With kind regards,