From: Norvascom on
Hi,

I am trying to have a formula on cell A1 for example that would look
on cells D1:CT1 to see if there are any values different than 0 (in
other words not empty or equal to 0).
If there are any values different than 0, cell A1 would indicate "Row
with data" if none, it would say "Empty row".

Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks
From: Lars-�ke Aspelin on
On Sun, 28 Feb 2010 12:37:37 -0800 (PST), Norvascom
<norvascom(a)gmail.com> wrote:

>Hi,
>
>I am trying to have a formula on cell A1 for example that would look
>on cells D1:CT1 to see if there are any values different than 0 (in
>other words not empty or equal to 0).
>If there are any values different than 0, cell A1 would indicate "Row
>with data" if none, it would say "Empty row".
>
>Any help would be appreciated.
>Thanks

Try this formula:

=IF(OR(D1:CT1<>0),"Row with data","Empty row")

Note: This is an array formula that should be confirmed with
CTRL+SHIFT+ENTER rather than just ENTER.

Hope this helps / Lars-�ke

From: Norvascom on
On Feb 28, 4:01 pm, Lars-Åke Aspelin <lar...(a)REMOOVEtelia.com> wrote:
> On Sun, 28 Feb 2010 12:37:37 -0800 (PST), Norvascom
>
> <norvas...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
> >Hi,
>
> >I am trying to have a formula on cell A1 for example that would look
> >on cells D1:CT1 to see if there are any values different than 0 (in
> >other words not empty or equal to 0).
> >If there are any values different than 0, cell A1 would indicate "Row
> >with data" if none, it would say "Empty row".
>
> >Any help would be appreciated.
> >Thanks
>
> Try this formula:
>
> =IF(OR(D1:CT1<>0),"Row with data","Empty row")
>
> Note: This is an array formula that should be confirmed with
> CTRL+SHIFT+ENTER rather than just ENTER.
>
> Hope this helps / Lars-Åke

Thanks it works, but would there be any formula that would calculate
automatically the result without having to press CTRL+SHIFT+ENTER.
From: Teethless mama on
Try this:

=IF(SUM(D1:CT1),"Row with data","Empty row")

From: Norvascom on
On Feb 28, 8:02 pm, Teethless mama
<Teethlessm...(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
> Try this:
>
> =IF(SUM(D1:CT1),"Row with data","Empty row")
>

> "Norvascom" wrote:
> > On Feb 28, 4:01 pm, Lars-Åke Aspelin <lar...(a)REMOOVEtelia.com> wrote:

> > > Try this formula:
>
> > > =IF(OR(D1:CT1<>0),"Row with data","Empty row")
>
> > > Note: This is an array formula that should be confirmed with
> > > CTRL+SHIFT+ENTER rather than just ENTER.
>
> > > Hope this helps / Lars-Åke
>
> > Thanks it works, but would there be any formula that would calculate
> > automatically the result without having to press CTRL+SHIFT+ENTER.

The sum formula won't work, because if for instance on one cell there
is a +10 and on another a -10 it will indicate "row with no data"
while there are values. Please let me know any other formula that
would work.