From: ck4ever on

Hi;

I own A8N5X ASUS mobo, the chipset fan failed. I've replaced the failed
fan with the newer identical fan. However, it is still not working (I
connect the power connector)

Any ideas why it is still not working?

thanks

From: Rob on

"ck4ever" <ck4ever.4bgws6(a)no.email.invalid> wrote in message

> Hi;
>
> I own A8N5X ASUS mobo, the chipset fan failed. I've replaced the failed
> fan with the newer identical fan. However, it is still not working (I
> connect the power connector)
>
> Any ideas why it is still not working?

It's possible that the fan driver circuitry has failed on the motherboard
(this is probably just a transistor.) Rather than trying to repair that
(tricky), try connecting the new chipset fan to a spare hard drive
power (Molex 8981) connector instead.
You can get cheap "molex to fan header" adapters - just look for
one to suit your fan connector (2-pin?)
--
Rob

From: Anssi Saari on
ck4ever <ck4ever.4bgws6(a)no.email.invalid> writes:

> Hi;
>
> I own A8N5X ASUS mobo, the chipset fan failed. I've replaced the failed
> fan with the newer identical fan. However, it is still not working (I
> connect the power connector)
>
> Any ideas why it is still not working?

No, but are you sure you need a chipset fan? I don't usually buy
motherboards with those, but I think I had one once and pulled the
chipset fan cable fairly quickly since the noise was awful.