From: W S on
Folks,

I would like to filter out and quarantine emails which has SocialSec or CreditCard numbers within Subject or Body of emails [regular ascii digits]
I see ClamAV has options with DLP[Data Loss Prevention] - does anyone knows what exactly I have add within master.cf/main.cf to accomplish this?
This is a plain internal email relayer running Postfix.

Thanks in advance,
WS

From: Noel Jones on
On 4/29/2010 2:06 PM, W S wrote:
> Folks,
> I would like to filter out and quarantine emails which has SocialSec or
> CreditCard numbers within Subject or Body of emails [regular ascii digits]
> I see ClamAV has options with DLP[Data Loss Prevention] - does anyone
> knows what exactly I have add within master.cf/main.cf to accomplish this?
> This is a plain internal email relayer running Postfix.
> Thanks in advance,
> WS

The changes made to postfix depends on how you interface
clamav with postfix.

Popular interfaces between clamav and postfix are amavisd-new
used as either a content_filter or smtpd_proxy_filter, or the
clamav-milter supplied with clamav. There are many other
content filters and milters to choose from, depending on your
needs.

Amavisd-new has flexible quarantine storage options, including
storing the message in a file, forwarding to a special
mailbox, or SQL. More information and install instructions
can be found here:
http://www.ijs.si/software/amavisd/

Clamav-milter quarantines mail by placing it in the postfix
hold queue. See the clam docs for more info.