From: Jason Parsons on

Folks:

smtp-sink returns the following strings if configured to reject a command (ie, the -r, -f, -Q, arguments):

#define SOFT_ERROR_RESP "450 4.3.0 Error: command failed"
#define HARD_ERROR_RESP "500 5.3.0 Error: command failed"

I have found it useful to be able to customize these responses based on command line arguments.

The patch at:

http://www.saffron.org/postfix-2.6.5-smtp-sink-custom-bounce-codes.patch

adds two new command-line arguments to smtp-sink:

-b soft bounce string
Use soft bounce string for soft bounces. The default soft bounce string is "450
4.3.0 Error: command failed".

-B hard bounce string
Use hard bounce string for hard bounces. The default hard bounce string is "500
5.3.0 Error: command failed".

Please review and consider for inclusion in postfix. Please let me know if there are any questions or concerns.

Thank you.
- Jason Parsons

From: Wietse Venema on
Jason Parsons:

> Folks:
>
> smtp-sink returns the following strings if configured to reject a command (ie, the -r, -f, -Q, arguments):
>
> #define SOFT_ERROR_RESP "450 4.3.0 Error: command failed"
> #define HARD_ERROR_RESP "500 5.3.0 Error: command failed"
>
> I have found it useful to be able to customize these responses based on command line arguments.

Looks good. I have added a check that the custom replies are SMTP
compliant.

Wietse