From: Senshine on
are there any other steps?

I ask because the DC didnt fail after a unsuccessful domain controller
demotion, it just failed and we are in the processes of rebuilding one with a
new name. However this is the closest i could find to cleaning AD

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/216498

thanks
From: Paul Bergson [MVP-DS] on
This will clean up metadata, but if there were other services you might want
to review an article I have on decommissioning a dc

http://www.pbbergs.com
Select articles and click on "Decommissioning a DC"

--
Paul Bergson
MVP - Directory Services

http://www.pbbergs.com

Please no e-mails, any questions should be posted in the NewsGroup

"Senshine" <thoughtpolice(a)red.com> wrote in message
> are there any other steps?
>
> I ask because the DC didnt fail after a unsuccessful domain controller
> demotion, it just failed and we are in the processes of rebuilding one
> with a
> new name. However this is the closest i could find to cleaning AD
>
> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/216498
>
> thanks

Pages: 1
Prev: RPC Endpoint Mapper Error