From: pyotr filipivich on
Shoe <j_shoe(a)yahoo.com> on Fri, 23 Jul 2010 07:57:26 -0400 typed in
alt.os.windows-xp the following:

>I am using the upgrade version. I looked at the procedures for using
>the upgrade disc on a clean install and decided that cloning the drive
>would be the easiest way to do the install. I've cloned drives before
>using Acronis and it's basically a matter of starting the program and
>walking away until it finishes. I have external enclosures I can use
>to temporarily install the drive to clone to.

I've been trying to clone the C (Clyde): drive to drive D(Doug):
and keep getting a failure mode (Error code 9 - MFTs bitmap is
corrupt) Clyde is 160 Gb, Doug is 200 and had been the music file
drive. Had been - its backed up - and has been formatted three times,
chkdsk /r and the like.

Is the solution to disconnect the hard drive and put it in an
external connection?
--
pyotr filipivich
Just when you think you see the light at the end of the tunnel,

Pages: 1
Prev: System Volume Information needed