From: saranm on
When formatting a word document, how do you switch from measurements in cm to
points?
ex) I need a series of documents that have top margins of 75 pts and bottom
margins of 70 points. But when I am working on a different computer, the
"Page set-up" options are in cm.
From: Jay Freedman on
Don't bother to switch. Just type the point measurements in the boxes and
include the pt unit, and Word will do the conversion automatically.

If it bothers you enough to switch, the answer depends on what version of
Word it is. In 2003 or earlier, go to Tools > Options > General and change
the "Measurement units" dropdown. In 2007 and 2010, go to Office button >
Word Options > Advanced, scroll down to the Display section, and change the
same dropdown.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman