From: JANA on
I HAVE TRIED SEVERAL TIMES TO DOWNLOAD THIS SECURITY UPDATE SP1 AND I GET
THIS ERROE CODE 643...PLEASE HELP
From: Shenan Stanley on
JANA wrote:
> I HAVE TRIED SEVERAL TIMES TO DOWNLOAD THIS SECURITY UPDATE SP1 AND
> I GET THIS ERROE CODE 643...PLEASE HELP

SP1 for...?

--
Shenan Stanley
MS-MVP

From: Walt Z. Walt on
Same Issue - Error Code: 0x643 while trying to install:

Microsoft .NET Framework 1.1 SP1 Security Update for Windows 2000 and
Windows XP (KB979906)

From: Shenan Stanley on
Walt Z. wrote:
> Same Issue - Error Code: 0x643 while trying to install:
>
> Microsoft .NET Framework 1.1 SP1 Security Update for Windows 2000
> and Windows XP (KB979906)

And what have you tried out of the many postings/solutions for this issue
throughout the Internet?

Did you visit the KB article web page and read through/do anything there?

"How to obtain help and support for this security update

the United States and Canada or by contacting your local Microsoft
subsidiary. For more information about how to contact your local Microsoft
subsidiary for support issues with security updates, visit the Microsoft
International Support website:
http://support.microsoft.com/common/international.aspx?rdpath=4

North American customers can also obtain instant access to unlimited
no-charge email support or to unlimited individual chat support by visiting
the following Microsoft website:
http://support.microsoft.com/oas/default.aspx?&prid=7552"

Or perhaps this KB article (linked to from there):

When you try to install an update for the .NET Framework 1.0, 1.1, 2.0, 3.0,
or 3.5, you may receive Windows Update error code "0x643" or Windows
Installer error code "1603"
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/923100/
( Last Review: June 2, 2010 )

Just curious. After all - why would anyone here offer you something you may
have already tried/read/etc?

--
Shenan Stanley
MS-MVP

From: Ǝиçεl on
Hello Walt,

Are you installing via Windows Update?

Have you tried downloading KB979906 from the Microsoft Download Center and

installing it while booted to Safe Mode?

http://catalog.update.microsoft.com/v7/site/Home.aspx>
-=-