From: Donna on
I would greatly appreciate your time in looking at this.
I have 2 questions.
The first is:
I have 2 columns A and B. Many of the cells are blank in column B. When
column B has information in it, I want it to replace the information in Col A
with the information from Col B-if col B is blank, then keep the
information from Col A.
My second question is how do I insert a -(hyphen) between information when
I am using Concatenate to combine 3 columns (columns A, B & C).
Thanks
From: Mike on
Without using some vba code i dont think your first question can be done.
Answer to your secon question, can be done like this
=CONCATENATE(A1,"-",B1,"-",C1)
or
=A1&"-"&B1&"-"&C1

From: Donna on
Hi Mike,
Thanks for your reply. The Concatenate parts works, thanks. As for the 1st
part of the question, I will be using a macro, so if you could tell me what
it the visual basic for this part would be I think I could figure out how to
insert it.
Thanks

From: Max on
On the face of it, think you could try this
Put in say, D2: =IF(A2="","",IF(B2<>"",B2,A2))
Copy D2 down to return required results. Then copy col D and overwrite col A
with a paste special as values. Clear col D. You're done in about 10-15 secs.
Inspiring? hit the YES below
--
Max
Singapore

From: Mike on
This might give you some idea's
Sub test()
For i = 1 To Cells(Rows.Count, 1).End(xlUp).Row
If Range("B" & i).Value > "" Then
Range("A" & i).Value = Range("B" & i).Value
End If
Next
End Sub