From: Mr. X. on
Hello.
I want to create a project, with many programs (100).
There is a main menu that is running, which can call many programs.

What is the common way doing so, in VB.NET 2008.

1. Each program is executable, and the main menu program send each program
parameters.
2. Each program is ActiveX.
3. MDI. or each program is on the same panel (whenever I can do so).
4. Else ?

Thanks :)

From: Family Tree Mike on
On 3/26/2010 5:18 AM, Mr. X. wrote:
> Hello.
> I want to create a project, with many programs (100).
> There is a main menu that is running, which can call many programs.
>
> What is the common way doing so, in VB.NET 2008.
>
> 1. Each program is executable, and the main menu program send each
> program parameters.
> 2. Each program is ActiveX.
> 3. MDI. or each program is on the same panel (whenever I can do so).
> 4. Else ?
>
> Thanks :)

You sound to be describing many forms or tools within one program.
These forms should only be a separate program if they make sense to
execute independently. For example, if I write a program for keeping a
budget, and I want to add a calculator tool, that calculator tool may
make sense to execute separately from the program as a replacement for
the windows calculator application. I doubt each of the ninety-nine
other forms are independently useful in their own right as is the
calculator I just described.

MDI is only used in two different types of apps. The first is like a
word processor where separate documents are all edited within the MDI
container. Each MDI child looks very similar to the others. The second
type is a database application where each MDI child is controlling a
different view into the database.

It's very difficult to answer what I would do in your specific
application without more information.

--
Mike