From: Ada novice on
Thanks for all the reading! It seems that I better keep -gnato (as I
don't want to remove any numeric overlfow checking).

Georg: Yes, I'm using floating point types (Long_float).

I'll take away the -gnatVa as Robert suggested.

Quote from Georg: "Last time I checked the sections on optimization
in the GNAT docs recommend -O2 -funroll-loops IIRC"

What's IIRC?

In AdaGIDE, the optimization is mentioned in Options > settings as
level O2. But writing -O2 -funroll-loops implies O3. Am I right? So
then writing -O3 -funroll-loops contains redundant information.

YC
From: Dmitry A. Kazakov on
On Fri, 23 Jul 2010 14:03:19 -0400, Robert A Duff wrote:

> sjw <simon.j.wright(a)mac.com> writes:
>
>> -gnato is one of the things you have to do to make GNAT a conforming
>> Ada compiler.
>
> Well, not really. If you don't say -gnato, then GNAT is implicitly
> assuming "pragma Suppress(Overflow_Check);".

Objection. Ada compiler should not assume anything not explicitly
specified. Example: what about assuming

raise Program_Error;

at each even source line?

--
Regards,
Dmitry A. Kazakov
From: Simon Wright on
Ada novice <posts(a)gmx.us> writes:

> What's IIRC?

If I Remember Correctly.
From: Simon Wright on
Robert A Duff <bobduff(a)shell01.TheWorld.com> writes:

> Similarly, if you say "-gnatn", GNAT is implicitly including
> "pragma Suppress(All_Checks);" as part of your program text.

-gnatp ?
From: Robert A Duff on
Simon Wright <simon(a)pushface.org> writes:

> Robert A Duff <bobduff(a)shell01.TheWorld.com> writes:
>
>> Similarly, if you say "-gnatn", GNAT is implicitly including
>> "pragma Suppress(All_Checks);" as part of your program text.
>
> -gnatp ?

Yeah, thanks for the correction.

- Bob
First  |  Prev  |  Next  |  Last