From: Mag Gam on
I am trying to compile python with Tk bindings. Do I need to do
anything special for python to detect and enable Tk?

This is mainly for matplotlib's TkAgg. It seems my compiled version of
python isn't finding the module _tkagg
From: Diez B. Roggisch on
Am 24.02.10 03:00, schrieb Mag Gam:
> I am trying to compile python with Tk bindings. Do I need to do
> anything special for python to detect and enable Tk?

What OS? What does the configure/build process say?

Diez
From: Mag Gam on
sorry for the vague answer.

Its Linux.

The configure build does not say anything actually. This is for SAGE.
I managed to have it pick it up by compiling/installing tcl and tk and
then recompile python

From: Diez B. Roggisch on
Am 25.02.10 01:55, schrieb Mag Gam:
> sorry for the vague answer.
>
> Its Linux.
>
> The configure build does not say anything actually. This is for SAGE.
> I managed to have it pick it up by compiling/installing tcl and tk and
> then recompile python

Then most probably installing the tk-dev packages would have been
sufficient.

diez