From: Leo on
I just upgraded to Windows 7 (yes, I know) and I've been having a
really strange problem with running python (2.6.4, installed from the
python.org installer) from the command line.

If I open the interpreter, and then paste in a long string,
conhost.exe crashes. This doesn't happen when pasting the string just
in the command line so its something with the python interpreter.

Here's the details of the windows crash:

Log Name: Application
Source: Application Error
Event ID: 1000
Task Category: (100)
Level: Error
Faulting application name: conhost.exe, version: 6.1.7600.16385, time
stamp: 0x4a5bc271
Faulting module name: conhost.exe, version: 6.1.7600.16385, time
stamp: 0x4a5bc271
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x000048ca
Faulting process id: 0x1aa8
Faulting application start time: 0x01cab4e450b97766
Faulting application path: C:\Windows\system32\conhost.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Windows\system32\conhost.exe
Report Id: 9c6afd6c-20d7-11df-bbd8-e390d387a902

Has anyone else seen anything like this? Any suggestions on how to
even start figuring this out?

--Leo
From: Michel Claveau - MVP on
Hi!

Where (directory) are you, when the problem come?
Have you try with UAC disabled?

@+
--
MCI

From: Leo on
Thanks for responding Michel. It looks like its an issue with
pyreadline - http://ipython.scipy.org/moin/PyReadline/Intro - causing
the crash. I'm working with the author of it on trying to get the
issue figured out.

It's not related to UAC.

--
--Leo