From: pat67 on
My company recently changed the vendor codes and now I end up with two
separate sets of data for each vendor. Obviously I could just leave
the vendor code field out. I don't want to do that so what I need to
do is concatenate the two codes. Example

Vendor Code Vendor Name
123 Joe's Supplies
ABC Joe's Supplies

what I need is this

Vendor Code Vendor Name
123/ABC Joe's Supplies

any ideas?
From: Lynn Trapp on
Rather than create a new record for each vendor, add another field to the
table -- call it NewVendorCode -- and put the new value in that. Then, in a
query you can concatenate them as:

FullVendorCode: [VendorCode] & "/" & [NewVendorCode]

--
Lynn Trapp
MCP, MOS, MCAS

From: pat67 on
On Jan 20, 3:30 pm, Lynn Trapp <LynnNoSpam.TrappNoS...(a)hotmail.com>
wrote:
> Rather than create a new record for each vendor, add another field to the
> table -- call it NewVendorCode -- and put the new value in that. Then, in a
> query you can concatenate them as:
>
> FullVendorCode: [VendorCode] & "/" & [NewVendorCode]
>
> --
> Lynn Trapp
> MCP, MOS, MCAS
>

> "pat67" wrote:
> > My company recently changed the vendor codes and now I end up with two
> > separate sets of data for each vendor. Obviously I could just leave
> > the vendor code field out. I don't want to do that so what I need to
> > do is concatenate the two codes. Example
>
> > Vendor Code    Vendor Name
> > 123                    Joe's Supplies
> > ABC                  Joe's Supplies
>
> > what I need is this
>
> > Vendor Code     Vendor Name
> > 123/ABC             Joe's Supplies
>
> > any ideas?

I can't really do it that way since the table is updated from another
file that only has one code. What I did was create a table based off
of the original table and then concatenated. Then joined that query to
any other query i needed. I was just seeing if there was a way to do
it without an extra table