From: "Jon L Miller" on
I'm just beginning to configure amavisd-new to postfix with clamd. Since
I've never done it before I would like to ask a few questions of the group.

The setup is a simple postfix server serving up to 5 users running on a SuSE
Linux Entreprise Server v11 at the moment. In the documentation it states
to install amavisd on a dedicated SMTP-server for message reinjection I have
to add some commands to the master.cf file. I noticed that some of the
commands in this file are the same as the commands in the main.cf file. Is
that the way it's supposed to be setup or are the commands supposed to be
setup in one or the other file but not both.

# ==========================================================================
# service type private unpriv chroot wakeup maxproc command + args
# (yes) (yes) (yes) (never) (100)
# ==========================================================================

127.0.0.1:10025 inet n - n - - smtpd
-o content_filter=
-o smtpd_delay_reject=no
-o smtpd_client_restrictions=permit_mynetworks,reject
-o smtpd_helo_restrictions=
-o smtpd_sender_restrictions=
-o smtpd_data_restrictions=reject_unauth_pipelining
-o smtpd_end_of_data_restrictions=
-o smtpd_restriction_classes=
-o mynetworks=127.0.0.0/8
-o smtpd_error_sleep_time=0
-o smtpd_soft_error_limit=1001
-o smtpd_hard_error_limit=1000
-o smtpd_client_connection_count_limit=0
-o smtpd_client_connection_rate_limit=0
-o
receive_override_options=no_header_body_checks,no_unknown_recipient_checks,n
o_milters
-o local_header_rewrite_clients=