From: adjgiulio on
Hi,

We’re moving from PC SAS to SAS server. SAS server resides on Windows
2k3 OS.
We’re having issues having SAS communicate with our SQL servers. Our
SQL servers are set up with Windows Authentication only (no mixed
mode).
From PC SAS I used to connect to SQL servers using a libname statement
such as:
LIBNAME test oledb init_string="Provider=sqloledb;
Integrated Security=SSPI;Persist Security Info=True;
Initial Catalog=ABC;Data Source=SERVER0123" schema=dbo;

Obviously Windows Authentications was used to pass my credentials to
the SQL server.

The same code is no longer working from SAS server. I get an error
like:
ERROR: Error trying to establish connection: Unable to Initialize:
Login failed for user 'NT AUTHORITY\ANONYMOUS LOGON'.
ERROR: Error in the LIBNAME statement.

If I add my id and password to the libname statement (which is an
undesiderable solution anyway, we do not want passwords in clear text
at any time), the error I get is:
ERROR: Error trying to establish connection: Unable to Initialize:
Login failed for user 'myuserid'.
ERROR: Error in the LIBNAME statement.

I cannot believe SAS hasn’t this type of configuration figured out,
does anybody know how to set up this type of connectivity either via
libname or from management Console?

Thanks!
From: Patrick on
SAS has it figured out.

I would open a SAS Tech Support track for this issue and provide as
much information as possible of how the connection between SAS Server
and SQL Server is set up (i.e. are both servers in the same domain?).