From: EdK on
Suzanne, it is now more than a year since your last reply to this thread.
I've tried 'shift-control-F9' but that didn't work ... then I tried 'pasting
special/unformatted text' and it worked. But I wonder if Microsoft has
actually made a fix to this problem as it is quite vexing ...

From: Stefan Blom on
Sometimes, contents copied from a web page has too complex formatting for Word.
Pasting as plain text will fix that, as you have noticed. If necessary, you can
download images separately, by right-clicking them and choosing Save Target As
(or something similar, depending on which browser you are using).

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP