From: Armin Zingler on
Am 31.03.2010 10:54, schrieb Mr. X.:
> What I see is only few components I can drop on dataset.
> TableAdapter, Query, DataTable, Relation.
> I didn't see a way dropping connection.
> (The specified connection is : mySqlConnection).
>
> I want to drop the connection on design time.
> Can I see more elements than the above four.

You could drop several things on a Form - but what are you trying to do?

--
Armin
From: Mr. X. on
I want to drop elements on a dataset.
As far as I remember, Delphi IDE, i.e , has dataset, which I can drop also a
connections on it.
I don't understand why connections and other elements cannot be dropped to
dataset
(Or should I declare the connection somehow on the toolbox).

Thanks :)

From: Patrice on
Hello

> I want to drop elements on a dataset.

If you want to work with Datasets try :
http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms171897(VS.80).aspx

(Walkthrough: Creating a Dataset with the Dataset Designer ).

My personal preference is using Linq To Entity Framework
(http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb399247(v=VS.90).aspx)...

--
Patrice

From: Armin Zingler on
Am 31.03.2010 18:21, schrieb Mr. X.:
> I want to drop elements on a dataset.
> As far as I remember, Delphi IDE, i.e , has dataset, which I can drop also a
> connections on it.
> I don't understand why connections and other elements cannot be dropped to
> dataset
> (Or should I declare the connection somehow on the toolbox).

Connections are not part of a DataSet. A Dataset is a container for
DataTables (containing datarows) and DataRelations.

Documentation on Datasets:
http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ss7fbaez.aspx

--
Armin
From: Mr. X. on
(Now I see that your email is nospam too). :)

I see that on windows-form I can drop mySqlConnection object (under
toolbox -> dataset -> mySqlConnection).
Other objects are not seen on toolbox -> dataset, when windows-form is
active.
On dataset - the other objects I have mentioned are visible (except
mySqlConnection).

It is no obvious, since I want a visual tool that is dedicated to databases.

Is there any other visual tool I can drop mySqlConnection.
If not - where it is preferred to be dropped to.