From: "Davy Leon" on
Hi folks

I've been trying postfix version 2.3.3 + amavisd-new + clamav for a while
and it's working pretty cool.

I sent an email with a .EXE attached just for testing purposes, so I
received a message from content-filter ...... saying that's not allowed, but
I can see in the body of the message the address of the always_bcc address I
use in main.cf. So any regular use that receive such email will know about
that. How can I hide the always_bcc address from the conten-filter body
messages?

Thanks in advance

David

From: mouss on
Davy Leon a �crit :
> Hi folks
>
> I've been trying postfix version 2.3.3 + amavisd-new + clamav for a
> while and it's working pretty cool.
>
> I sent an email with a .EXE attached just for testing purposes, so I
> received a message from content-filter ...... saying that's not allowed,
> but I can see in the body of the message the address of the always_bcc
> address I use in main.cf. So any regular use that receive such email
> will know about that. How can I hide the always_bcc address from the
> conten-filter body messages?

please read the list welcome message recommendations. it will help you
communicate with us.

you didn't provide any samples, logs, config, ... so it's hard to tell
what you're talking about.

guess of the day: disable address rewrite before the filter. look for
-o receive_override_options=no_address_mappings
in the docs in
http://www.postfix.org/FILTER_README.html

From: Wietse Venema on
Davy Leon:
> Hi folks
>
> I've been trying postfix version 2.3.3 + amavisd-new + clamav for a while
> and it's working pretty cool.
>
> I sent an email with a .EXE attached just for testing purposes, so I
> received a message from content-filter ...... saying that's not allowed, but
> I can see in the body of the message the address of the always_bcc address I
> use in main.cf. So any regular use that receive such email will know about
> that. How can I hide the always_bcc address from the conten-filter body
> messages?

As documented, the *_bcc features are not for spying on email in
secret.

Wietse

From: Victor Duchovni on
On Tue, Mar 09, 2010 at 05:01:41PM -0500, Davy Leon wrote:

> Hi folks
>
> I've been trying postfix version 2.3.3 + amavisd-new + clamav for a while
> and it's working pretty cool.
>
> I sent an email with a .EXE attached just for testing purposes, so I
> received a message from content-filter ...... saying that's not allowed,
> but I can see in the body of the message the address of the always_bcc
> address I use in main.cf. So any regular use that receive such email will
> know about that. How can I hide the always_bcc address from the
> conten-filter body messages?

Don't reject mail in the content filter generating backscatter.

--
Viktor.