From: sparks on
I was given a tracking database that some exec did. its an access 2007
database.
I was told to convert it to 2003.
BUT I get cannot save features that require the current file format
etc...attachements, multivalued fields or offline data.
I have no idea how to find some of this stuff.

does anyone know how to find the things that prevent this from
converting.

I have access 2007 and sp1 installed.
From: Arvin Meyer on
If there is a What's New listing in the help file, or at Microsoft.com, it
should give you all the changes. I no longer have 2007 installed since the
new version came out, but IIRC, you should have most of them already. There
are several others that are new, such as the calendar for the date/time
fields in forms, and the email data functionality.
--
Arvin Meyer, MCP, MVP
http://www.datastrat.com

From: sparks on
I am not sure what you are saying.
I need to convert this 2007 database to 2003 and it will not convert
saying that something is preventing it.

There could be hundreds of things but I do not know.
IS there a program or something that would list what is in the
database that can not be converted?

From: Tom van Stiphout on
On Fri, 11 Jun 2010 14:09:28 -0500, sparks(a)work.com wrote:

What Arvin is trying to say is that there are articles out there about
all the differences between A2007 ACCDB files and A2003 MDB files.
There are many differences. Reading some of these articles
(search.microsoft.com would be a place to start) would give you some
insights in where to look. Sorry, there is no list of all conversion
issues you might possibly run into.
If this db was created by "some exec" we may assume it was created
mostly by using wizards. Start with reviewing the tables. Multivalue
fields can be spun off in their own one-to-many table.

-Tom.
Microsoft Access MVP