From: Rich on
I have a d:\users folder on my server. inside users, each user has a folder
named with their name. inside each of those folders is a desktop folder.

I have a file on the C drive that I need to copy to each of those desktop
folders, thereby giving each user this shortcut. Does anyone have a script
that could do that, instead of me copying this file manually a few hundred
times? many thanks if you do!
From: James Whitlow on
"Rich" <richjone(a)noemail.noemail> wrote in message
> I have a d:\users folder on my server. inside users, each user has a
> folder
> named with their name. inside each of those folders is a desktop folder.
>
> I have a file on the C drive that I need to copy to each of those desktop
> folders, thereby giving each user this shortcut. Does anyone have a
> script
> that could do that, instead of me copying this file manually a few hundred
> times? many thanks if you do!

See if this does what you want:

Dim sSourceFile, sDestFolder, oFSO, oFolder, oSubFld
sSourceFile = "D:\My File.txt"
sDestFolder = "D:\Users Folder"

Select Case False
Case oFSO.FolderExists(sDestFolder)
MsgBox sDestFolder & " does not exist!", vbExclamation, _
"ERROR: Destination Folder"
WScript.Quit
Case oFSO.FileExists(sSourceFile)
MsgBox sSourceFile & " does not exist!", vbExclamation, _
"ERROR: Source File"
WScript.Quit
End Select

Set oFolder = oFSO.GetFolder(sDestFolder)

For Each oSubFld in oFolder.Subfolders
If oFSO.FolderExists(oSubFld & "\Desktop\") Then
oFSO.CopyFile sSourceFile, oSubFld & "\Desktop\", True
End If
Next

MsgBox "Complete!"